Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that IV sends the filename even if it is modified.
    I consider this as an IrfanView bug.

So RIOT always thinks he deals with a unmodified image. FileSize is calculated based on the original filename when the filename is sent or based on DIB image size when no filename is sent.

Practical example: If you crop an image it will get smaller, but if IrfanView sends the filename the filesize will be extracted from the original size on disk.

I asked specifically Irfan not to send the filename if the image changes...
    RIOT developer
    visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

No problem here so far with the Save function.
      But I still have my doubts about the navigation position of this tool in the total IV dialog.
      After all, it's a plugin. With a function of content-change.
      So I prefer to have it in the 'Edit' dialog rather than in the 'File' dialog. Just like IVPaint.
      Call it 'Web-optimizer' (instead of 'save for web') and use f.e. shortcut F11 for it.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Try opening a PNG image and saving it for the web. The Save As.. button does nothing.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Can't confirm this.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Still nothing here — I have tried many images, and downloading again the latest riot.dll (version 0.1.7.15). I would expect to see the Save as... dialogue.

The Set File Size (use plugin) when saving a JPG works fine.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.07.2008, 07:25 AM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

>After all, it's a plugin. With a function of content-change.
              >So I prefer to have it in the 'Edit' dialog rather than in the 'File' dialog.
              It's nothing related to content-change. It is an output plugin. And output plugins that saves files on disk should be in the file menu. Look at the other programs.

In my oppinion Paint should be in the View menu or in the Tools menu if exists because it only shows the toolbar with the painting controls. In the Edit menu nobody puts functions to show a toolbar. It is very uncommon.

I did not seen the problem with the Save function.
              It may be something related with Save/Open Picture dialog. It may not be present in your system. Upgrading comdlg32.dll or even OS may be a solution.

The problem is only with PNGs? If it is please post your png here.
              RIOT developer

Comment

The problem is with all files that I have tried — not just PNG

comdlg32.dll is in C:\Windows\system32\

The version is:

6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.07.2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

So the open dialog works and the save dialog is not working?
                  hmm... I really don't know why. Try on another computer.
                  RIOT developer

Comment

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
                    For me neither the save dialog neither the open dialog work.
                    IrfanPaint developer
                    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

You said in an earlier post
                      Ow. At least I can save.
                      So how did you saved without the save dialog?
                      RIOT developer

Comment

hmm... I really don't know why. Try on another computer.
                        The open dialogue is working in IrfanView, so I can open a PNG, JPG, or GIF, but when I go to save for the web with the RIOT plugin, the Save As.. button doesn't open the save dialogue at all. No such problem running the RIOT.EXE standalone application, where both Open from the File menu and the Save As button work just fine.

I don't have another computer to test it on, but clearly there is a problem with the plugin on this computer, which has Windows XP Home SP2 and all recent updates applied apart from SP3.

Comment

You said in an earlier post
                          Ow. At least I can save.
                          So how did you saved without the save dialog?
                          That was Matera, not Mitaly.

Comment

>That was Matera, not Mitaly.
                            My mistake.

I've just tested on Vista, XP Home Sp2, XP Pro Sp3, even on Win 98 SE
                            another friend tested on his XP Pro Sp3. Nothing seems wrong with the dialogs.

If you said with Riot.exe is ok, try the full version of the plugin
                            RIOT developer

Comment

If you said with Riot.exe is ok, try the full version of the plugin
                              http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/?page_id=4
                              I tried that with the same result. File, Open does nothing from the Riot plugin dialogue, and no result from clicking the Save As button.

Comment

Let me understand:
                                -You click Save for web from IrfanView
                                -no dialogs appear when you click Open or Save as ?
                                RIOT developer

Comment

Working...
                                X