Canon A560

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon A560

I can't get IV to show the images from this camera. I have dowloaded the latest version, all the plugins and the CRW/CR2 stuff including extra canon dlls (also have the latest version of zoombrowser on my machine but I can't get the canon software to work to transfer my files).

Is it possible?

DM

Show Canon CRW files

Hello Dormouse,
    One of my camera's is a Canon (G3). It produces CRW files. Those files are viewed tiptop in IV 4.2 with the plugin package, downloaded from the IrfanView website. It's a pity the EXIF data won't be seen, but I don't regret this little omittance. Did you approach the tabs PlugIns (Try to load CRW/CR2 etc.) and Extensions (CRW/CR2) in the Properties?

Comment

Yes I did but still no luck.

DM

Comment

I read "can't get the canon software to work to transfer my files" and I think, is this an IrfanView problem or is it a file transfer problem? You have not said whether you are trying to view images that are still on the camera -- or transfer them from it -- or whether they are on your hard drive. This uncertainty about the nature of the problem makes me reluctant to suggest a solution.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I think I shall have to call this post resolved. I have a second computer with an older version of IV on. The canon software works fine on there for some reason and IV works without problems. It's obviously some communication problem between my main computer and the camera. I am working with Canon to resolve this and presume that once I do, IV will be fine.

Thank you both for looking and your thoughts, very much appreciated.

DM

Comment

Okay -- darn computers can be temperamental. I had to do that for a while, a couple of computers ago. I got my Canon A550 when my latest computer refused to acknowledge the old junker I had.
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
            X