Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save with "set file size" option looses EXIF

Hi all,
    Long time user of IrfanView, this is my very first forum message.
    I have just installed successfully 4.20 and immediately tried the save to a file size function as it is very useful for photography club competition with a file size limit.
    As I have a few things setup for full screen viewing, (shutter speed, f stop and ISO setting), I noticed that if saving a file using the new “set file size” feature, I loose all EXIF information even if set to keep all original EXIF info?

But more importantly, many thanks to Irfan and the many contributors of this amazing freeware.

Regards,
    Patrick (Nikon D80, Fuji F30)

This is not a bug as the Riot.dll was not designed to save EXIF data. IrfanView is not being used to save the file, so any setting to preserve EXIF data does not apply. You can save IPTC information by using the extended version of the Riot.dll plugin, but not EXIF data.

RIOT Plugin for IrfanView
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for the feedback and pardon my ignorance but as it would be a great feature to have, could it be implemented in the future?
      From reading posts in the link you provided, getting RIOT.DLL v0.1.8 will not change that? Am I right? (I have v0.1.7)
      One more comment, the profile page does not have 4.20 in the IV version yet.
      Regards,
      Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by patrickulrich View Post
        From reading posts in the link you provided, getting RIOT.DLL v0.1.8 will not change that? Am I right? (I have v0.1.7)
        As stated in my previous reply, it won't save EXIF data, only IPTC info can be saved if you upgrade. Ask the RIOT developer for enhancements in the appropriate plugin thread.
        One more comment, the profile page does not have 4.20 in the IV version yet.
        The forum administrator, Steve, seems to be doing exams or something at the moment. No response to several requests for such changes.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X