Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Crash IrfanView (tell your stories)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Crash IrfanView (tell your stories)

This is for stories, funny or sad, about one-off blowups and odd happenings. It doesn't happen very often for me, but I had an odd one yesterday.

I was doing some cropping and adjusting of recent photos. The one I was working on was a step or two away from perfect. I wanted to crop it one more time. The selection area was right up to the top of the image, which was fitted to the screen. I tried to pull the upper edge down -- POW! -- IrfanView had "encountered a problem"! So I did it over, probably better the second time. I was very careful not to tickle it, anyway.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Nice thread about reporting unexpecting and unpredictable actions.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I wanted to create a spiral psychedelic moire pattern in 4 colors on a black background, so I ran IrfanPain and drew the arms of a plux sign each in a different color. I would then go to the Effects Browser and take it for a spin on Twirl. I X'ed the IrfanPain dialog box and when I went to continue. IV crashed like punctured zeppilin. The fix Save the image before you exit IrfanPaint. It took several tries before I figured it out

the useful part of this is, once you have it done you run it through combinations of Swap Color and Hegative and save the results of each run. You can generate a large number of different colored copies of the same image, which will keep the size constant. Then you can either make an AniGIF of them by Batch convert and unFREEz and put it on a page with an embeeded mp3 or make a fast slideshow of them with music. Let me suggest JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE MIND by the Amboy Dukes or Kenny Rogers and the First Edition's WHAT CONDITION MY CONDITION WAS IN or the Byrds' 8 MILES HIGH; all from 1968. Talk about a light show! And they're still writing and producing psychedelic music, too
      Last edited by space patroller; 08.07.2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X