Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shortcuts not working in internal video player

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Wink Already reported it!

Thanks clarf! I actually did report it as a bug about three days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by clarf View Post
    It could be a feature never implemented or just rest of a no wanted video feature.
    I know what you mean. Many people don't seem to like IrfanView for playing videos! They think it should just be an image viewer. I'm happy with its limited video capabilities though, and I just think if it shows shortcuts, they should at least work.
    Last edited by Skippybox; 15.08.2008 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Thread Moved

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Question What?

I didn't understand your reply Bhikkhu. What are you referring to? What are you showing in your screenshot and what do you mean AVI files don't even show a picture?

I understand that there are better choices for multimedia, but for simple playback of video Irfanview is just fine. I just think the shortcuts should work if they are showing up in a menu. Is that too much to ask for?

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

The attachment is what I see when I try to play an AVI file, hence my reason for recommending a multimedia player for this task. I get sound, but no picture, just a piece of whatever happens to be on the screen.

IMO it is too much ta ask an image viewer to work with all kinds of video and audio. Obviously, if one tries to support too many file types, less development time is available to fix bugs and improve the core features. Wouldn't you rather have a really top class image viewer, and use another program for multimedia? I know I would.

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Default Which problem?

So what you're saying is that you can't even get an AVI file to play to even begin to try any of IrfanView's features? I have no problem with AVI. You did however confirm that the shortcuts, or at least Ctrl+2 doesn't work with a WMV file? I'm not sure if you were talking about the Copy command mentioned by willgoss.

Quote Originally Posted by willgoss View Post
    I also find that Ctrl C or Edit Copy seems not to work at times.....

I would normally copy and paste elsewhere.....seems I must save (at times) and then copy from the saved location....
    Last edited by Skippybox; 27.08.2008 at 04:55 PM.

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    The attachment is what I see when I try to play an AVI file, hence my reason for recommending a multimedia player for this task. I get sound, but no picture, just a piece of whatever happens to be on the screen.
    Does using DirectShow, play your problematic AVI? If it did though, you unfortunately wouldn't be able to get a context menu to try a shortcut.

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Wink Video can be Zoomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skippybox View Post
    For example, to view double size, Ctrl+2 doesn't do anything. Why are these shortcuts disabled?

BTW, the commands in the shortcut menus and submenus all work. It is just their shortcut keys don't. Any ideas?
    As a workaround, remember that video can be zoomed (hotkey, toolbar, or menu) in IrfanView!

Thread Information