Fix vertical picture position full screen full width slide show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix vertical picture position full screen full width slide show

I want to show my 4:3 aspect pictures on a 16:9 HD monitor in full width and fix the vertical position of the pictures during a slide show.
    The full screen setting of Irfanview 4.20 allow to select full width or magnification. But then I only see the upper part of a picture. With the arrow keys I can toggle manually to see the lower part. This is not practical during a slide show. I want Irfanview to center the pictures automatically during a full screen and full width slide show.
    In other words: How can I force Irvanview to not show the upper e.g. 100 pixels of all pictures during a full screen slide show ?

Thanks, ememjeem

Solved vertical position full screen HD

The solution is to go to the menu File>Slideshow. Select Play in Window mode and enter in Width the pixel width of your monitor, e.g. 1920 pixels. Enther in the Height box the proportional pixel height of the originals picture. Example if you have a 4:3 picture, enter for height 1920 x 3/4. Finally select centered to center the picture on the screen. If the vertical position is not OK when centered, adjust with Y-pos.
    This solution works fine if all original pictures have the same aspect ratio e.g. 4:3 and are in Landscape orientation. Pictures in Portrait orientation look in the slide show still a little akward.
    I was afraid that the 'Window mode' showed the window frame, but fortunatly this is not the case. Thanks Irfan for the perfect solution

Comment

Working...
    X