Ability to batch position images on a fixed canvas size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Ability to batch position images on a fixed canvas size

Something I would like to see is the ability to a set of mixed size images (for example some portrait and some landscape format) and place them on a fixed size canvas. Ideally as part of the batch resize part of the programme.

What I envisage is:

You set your image resize options: e.g. longest size 180 pixels.
    You select that you want your resized images on a fixed canvas.
    You set your canvas size e.g. 180 x 180 pixels.
    You select your image vertical position from top, bottom and centred
    You select your image horizontal position from left, right and centred

You might also need an option to say what should happen if the resized image turns out to be bigger than the chosen canvas size. Perhaps a choice of "shrunk to fit canvas" or "cropped to canvas size".

Try Creae Contact Sheet from selected files in the Thumbnail View, File menu.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That works, but it changes the file names to "Sheet_001.jpg" etc. I could follow this with a batch rename if my files names were completely sequential - unfortunately that is usually not the case, which leaves me with individual re-naming. Also it assumes I always want the image centred on the canvas (which I expect to always be true for me). So I would still argue for a future enhancement.

But thank you for the tip which will allow me to sort out some more pressing problems.

Comment

The best results I have had are by setting the Thumbnail options -- set thumb size to image size needed, set "stretch small images to thumbnail size" on -- then select images and "Save selected thumbs as single images". The only position available is "centered", but the size options are good. I am thinking of using this the next time I need to do a massive fractal gallery or something.

The canvas could be batch-adjusted afterwards for different widths or positioning.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X