Black screen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, it is a different video card.
    and thx for ur answer. however after reading what u referred to i interpret this as being only applicable in those cases where the screen is truly black. meaning the data is "black" or even "empty", in my case, the screen is correct since i can view it in quick time, but not in irfanview.

sorry for being a stubborn bastard and perhaps even wrong.

Comment

2 j7n
      I like to comment here about 'the file is empty'. The file is not really empty, but just very well compressed.
      If you unpack it, it becomes a TGA file of 3.145 MB, with size 1024x768.
      It just contains black pixels and is correctly shown by IV.

2 matera
      Nice mentioning that thread, to remind me about the Frap application.
      In the meantime I found another possible workaround for this : Quick Screen Recorder
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

So Quack Time is using its own settings.

I'm a stubborn bastard too

These are the options that Media Player Classic gives, with instructively verbose tooltips. This will make it slower, this side makes you grow taller, etc. I felt like fooling around with screenshots for a while today because I was trying out a new capture proggy. It's a keeper, too, because it is small and modest and simple and does a few good things well. Anyhoo, the base of the matter is, that if your OS settings allow, programs can choose how they display things. The game may have to use the overlay, but if it can run without, you could change your display settings -- a global change that would make everything available for screenshots by anything.

I don't use Quack Time if I can help it (good reasons, old grudges included) and I don't do games because...well, I'm me. I just like fooling around with computers

ETA: Haha, tripped over Sam_Zen again
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
          2 j7n
          Remember, j7n has been gone for a month now.

Farewell

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. It's a pity.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
            X