Black screen!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen!!!

I am trying to view Screen shots that are in TGA format and when i open them useing this program the screenshot is one big black screen. Anyone knew whats going on ?? Also useing version 4.10
    Last edited by hybridphreak; 09.08.2008, 11:14 PM. Reason: also useing version 4.10

Do you see anything with another image viewer? Are these screenshots of videos?
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Images and i have 2 diff viewer programs. and their Warcraft 3 frozen throne screen shots. and both of the programs are doing the same thing
      Last edited by hybridphreak; 10.08.2008, 12:31 AM. Reason: adding message

Comment

They may be black images with transparency. Change the IV background colour from Properties, Viewing to white.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

Apparently there are also some new games whose screen can't be captured. Check if the files are really empty, either by looking at them in a hex editor or compressing them with an archiver.

Comment

Well the game like 6 or more years old and i have took screen shots before with this screen viewer program and had no problems. But that was with a older version of it. also i am useing a totaly diff computer custom build and its not running vista only XP and it's the first time useing this tower to view screenshots. As far as the back ground before being black i had no problems. and as far as the files being fake screenshots each files about 3mb's in size.

Comment

Depending on the video adapter, its driver and color depth, DirectDraw and Direct3D modes may not capture using printscreen or regular software tools. But those files look like captured by the game itself, so the problem should not apply.

Anyway, before making any other guesses, please check if the TGA files have content. If possible upload one (RAR'ed).
              Last edited by j7n; 11.08.2008, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Also just a note The motherboard i am using has no on board video. I had to buy a 8500 Gt graphics card pci express. working on upload errored out and said this file is invalid.

Comment

here it is sorry it would not upload as a rar. file
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by hybridphreak; 11.08.2008, 09:40 PM. Reason: adding info

Comment

As you can see from the size of the attachment (3.2 kB), the file is empty. There is nothing to show.

How did you capture this file?

Comment

Well by pushing print screen button ingame.

Comment

Exactly what do you mean by that? You still haven't told me anything. The game has a print screen button? Or are you using the keyboard print screen key? Games are a lot like videos (DVDs) I think, they do not display like normal windows. The video card uses a special process that can not be captured in screenshots.
                        ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Some games actually hook on the Print Screen button and capture by themselves - which I guess is happening since you ended up with a TGA file. I don't have WC3:FT and therefore don't know anything specific to this title.

Comment

i have the same problem, different game though, bf1942.

i had irfanview before on a different computer and had no problem to view any .tga screen. now it is all black. i can view the screen in quick time (!), but of course i cant convert it in quick time, or can i?

Comment

Your settings must have been different on the other computer, and/or the video card was different. Anyway, have a look at this thread, which has some interesting angles on the subject.
                              ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X