Batch Re-Size will not Overwrite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Re-Size will not Overwrite

Greetings all, I've enjoyed previous versions of Infan View for quite awhile. This is however my first time using 4.2 as well as Server 2003 SP2. My problem is that when I try to use the batch convert/resize function it refuses to overwrite or delete the original image even though I have those options checked. I alto tried a seperate directory and it keeps telling me destination file already exists, and NO overwrite. The photos I'm trying to edit are on my local machine and are in no way shared or protected. Sorry for the long description just wanted to be accurate. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi oogsaggie,

Can you say what your logon is and can you send a capture of the security settings for that folder and for one of these image files?

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Not sure exactly which files you were asking about, but I'm not the Admin on this specific system. I believe it has to do with the settings mentioned in the above sticky. I assume this because even when I save my advanced settings I click ok and go back to the root batch/rename menu, then when I click the advanced menu again none of the settings I previously saved are input/selected.

BTW: Laurent do you by chance frequent XDA-Developers?

Comment

Hi oogsaggie,

I was speaking about the file you can't overwrite.
        Just to check the rights you have on them.

And I don't even know what "XDA" means.

Laurent

Comment

XDA is a Message Board that Deals with HTC Phones and Running Custom software ROM's on them. One of the best developers over there is Laurent26.

Comment

Hi oogsaggie,

When I look at the security settings here, I get en entry like
            - Laurent (COMPUTER\Laurent)
            and not like yours
            - FirstName SecondName (logon@COMPUTER.local)
            but I can't say whether this is related or not with your problem.

So I am still wondering if the problem is related to IrfanView or to some Windows settings.

By the way, does this help?

Laurent

Comment

Working...
            X