No Keyword Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Keyword Search

I would like do an advanced search just using the search options without specifying a keyword. Unfortunately, a three character minimum keyword or user name is required for searching. I don't have a keyword or username in mind. I just want to find posts from a certain time period. Why is this so difficult to do?

It's a lot of data to juggle. You want just posts from a certain day or week? Threads started at a certain time? There may be posts spanning a year in one thread. Unless you can narrow down the search you get a big dump. You can sort threads by last post date in any forum. But if you aren't looking for something particular how the blazes are you going to find anything anyway?
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Perhaps. Does it really matter whether the data is a keyword or a date? Mostly, I'm looking for relatively current posts/threads - a year seems extreme.

But if you aren't looking for something particular how the blazes are you going to find anything anyway?
      Just want it sorted. Then I'll make a decision. Unless you open a thread, there is no way to know how fresh the thread or post activity is, except by the last post in the forum. 'New Posts' doesn't really work for me well, nor do the icons.

You can sort threads by last post date in any forum.
      OK, but that's more jumping than I'd like.

Thanks though, matera. Good points.

Comment

keyword search

I think, it's also a problem to search for results with some short keywords!
        Like: pdf, ...
        It's unable to find any results - but with the alternative keyword postscript you can find the results!
        I don't understand this imperfection!
        What are the reasons?

Comment

hi steve,

So is it possible to do an empty search, using just options?

Comment

Working...
          X