Zinio to PDF converter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zinio to PDF converter?

I have some ZNO files on my PC and would love to read them - but the Zinio Reader is way too big and resource hog for my old PC

Do you know about any Zinio to PDF converter?

Thanks in advance

You could probably use the free PDF Creator, but you would still have to open the files with their associated program in order to print to PDF. Only the Zinio software would understand the encrypted contents, so there is probably no way to extract anything without. How old-and-slow is the poor old dear?

I don't have any personal experience with Zinio, but others say that the pages can be PDF-ed one by one and then combined (PDF Creator can do this). But there are different file versions too...they say.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
      You could probably use the free PDF Creator, but you would still have to open the files with their associated program in order to print to PDF. Only the Zinio software would understand the encrypted contents, so there is probably no way to extract anything without.
      No, printing is no option - ZNO files (at least some of them) have this option disabled. I've also heard some suggesting to capture the whole thing with SnagIt - but I was rather looking for some ZNO2PDF converter that would understand Zinio's DRM (because from what I've read ZNO is just DRMed PDF).

How old-and-slow is the poor old dear?
      AMD Athlon 1GHz with 384MB of SDRAM in three chips. This PC is from 2001

I don't have any personal experience with Zinio, but others say that the pages can be PDF-ed one by one and then combined (PDF Creator can do this). But there are different file versions too...they say.
      As I said - some of ZNO files have printing disabled, so I wouldn't be able to print it out to PDF.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

Comment

Not even one page at a time?

Phew, I'm staying away from Zinio, I can't read that kind of stuff anyway.

BTW, your computer and mine are about the same, except I have a few megs more RAM (because she had a stroke last summer and I had to buy new RAM).
        Last edited by matera; 01.09.2008, 04:55 AM. Reason: add a bit
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X