Scanning Thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning Thumbnails

Suppose you're opening the thumbnail overview for a dir with 800 images. This obviously takes a while to load all thumbnail previews.

Now what's REALLY irritating, is that it jumps down to the bottom (where new thumbnails appear) for each next thumbnail it has loaded.

So you can't properly browse through the thumbnails already loaded at the top, you have to wait until all 800 are loaded... Pretty unfriendly!

Fix please!

No such problem here. The first page of thumbnails remains in view while the thumbnail generation continues. If I scroll down to the next page, those thumbnails again remain in view.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by banana View Post
      Suppose you're opening the thumbnail overview for a dir with 800 images. This obviously takes a while to load all thumbnail previews.

Now what's REALLY irritating, is that it jumps down to the bottom (where new thumbnails appear) for each next thumbnail it has loaded.

So you can't properly browse through the thumbnails already loaded at the top, you have to wait until all 800 are loaded... Pretty unfriendly!

Fix please!
      Switch off auto scroll in thumbs options.

Comment

Originally posted by impdf View Post
        Switch off auto scroll in thumbs options.
        Ah, never noticed that option before. Works like a charm, thank you!

Comment

I already tried that and it doesn’t work. I tried setting it and off with no effect; the thumbnail page keeps scrolling as it loads regardless of the setting.

Comment

Still working like a charm here. Please update your profile with your version and OS.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
            X