Artweaver and Other Painting Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artweaver and Other Painting Programs

I recently found ArtWeaver, but his PaintStar is a nice tip too..
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
    I recently found ArtWeaver, but his PaintStar is a nice tip too..
    Oh! Wow, what a coincidence! I had heard about Artweaver too, but it was with a post in this forum (I think) that I downloaded it two days back!

Looks good ... just that I downloaded the portable version and with that, I'm unable to install the plugins I keep getting a message that Artweaver is not installed on the PC!!! ... but ofcourse ... its not installed ... its portable! I have now written to the contact address about this and hope to see a zipped file with the plugins ... soon!

In the meantime, if some one has successfully installed the plugins, would it be possible to zip up the plugins folder and provide it to me for download?

One thing that would be missing with artweaver though would be the inability to use the 8bf filters!

Oooppsss ... sorry for taking it off topic!

Comment

Originally posted by Paparazzi View Post
      Oooppsss ... sorry for taking it off topic!
      No problem. I've moved the last two posts to the Off-topic Software forum.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I just tested PaintStar a bit. It's 3.8 MB including the tutorials.
        At first sight it certainly seem to have equivalent powers as P'Shop or PSP, looking at the tools, etc.
        There are even some extra things like morphing. Check the main features here
        Elegant things I noticed :
        Starting a New bitmap of a defined size, it's not only possible to pick a specific, or the background or foreground color, but also a texture-fill.
        If starting the program without a file, it just comes up with a small window, including all tool-buttons involved :

I agree with Paparazzi about the compatibility with 8bf filters. I still have to check that, with both apps.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Installing extras can be difficult with portables! I could not install the GIMP Help when I had only the portable version. I'm glad that the IrfanView plugins are flexible that way.

PaintStar is quite amazing, and it is portable too. I like it for my USB collection because it takes up so much less space than the GIMP. Loads faster too.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I'm not that involved in apps being portable or not, but I'm glad to hear.
            So far, I'm a fan of PaintStar. I even have put the bulky PSP to the background of my navigation, and maybe will remove it.
            Also because the 8bf-functionality is still solved by IrfanView, so I don't have to miss any effect.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

The more you get involved with newer versions of Windows, the more you will appreciate portability -- even if you don't carry the proggies around.

I am just looking around at a site with some great stuff. There is a "portablizer" for creating portable versions of other programs! But more on-topic is the GIMP minimizer, which is supposed to minimize all of the GIMP windows when the main one is minimized. That looks handy. One of the things I love about the GIMP is its modular GUI, but sometimes it could be nice to move everything out of the way at once.
              Its: Belongs to "It"
              It's: Shortened form of "It is"
              ---------------------
              Lose: Fail to keep
              Loose: Not tight

---------------------
              Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I’m 22 years old right now who loves to draw. I’m still in the simple drawings with not too many details. I draw cartoon characters and extremely simple portraits. I’m madly in love with realism and wanted to know if there were any fantastic artists? If so where do you get your encouragement from? How do you create these spectacular pieces? How do your ideas spark? I’m interested because I really want to get into doing surrealism. Thank you very much.
                canvas photo

Comment

Of course other artists can inspire you, and it can be very useful to analyze things how they work.
                  But the most important is to keep developing your own style, never mind the rest.
                  If you want to change from realism to surrealism :
                  Just put the kettle on the icecube, paint it inside out, call your neighbour and offer him a green Raga.

Edit: In the meantime I found a third paint application, open source : Inkscape.
                  It's specialized in vector graphics. Good layer options. Sophisticated drawing/painting tools.
                  Very useful dimension-presets for 'new file', like a CD-cover.
                  Last edited by Sam_Zen; 13.12.2008, 01:36 PM.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                  X