Screen Capture Using the Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Screen Capture Using the Mouse

irfan ,, !! Please ' mouse CLick Capture !

Capure >> Capture Setup >> capture Methods >>! Click Capture !

HOT-KEYS : mouse "left" "right" "middle" button !

or capture for Mouse (Single-click & Double-click)

Please use sensible thread titles.

I have deleted your duplicate posts.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.09.2008, 08:51 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

How is it that the "Posts" quantity for xor shows as zero (0)?

xor, while I did not get a chance to see whatever you had titled your post as, but I would tend to believe Bhikkhu that whatever you had, that it was not too sensible. Especially given the cryptic phrases you had used in your post. While I can finally reason out what it is that you are asking for, if that how you want to be remembered? to have people think ... "huh? ... what? ... oh, I think I get it!"

If you can spend the time to think through a better way of doing something, or an improvement, then spend a little more time in explaining just what it is that you propose. At least for us.

How would you like it if the ten commandments were abbreviated to just "be nice"?
      I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
      Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Screen Capture

Hi xor,

You can use Captureur (a little and very good Screen Capture Tool)!

But you can also use your keyboard!

[Print Screen] = Copy a screenshot to clipboard
        [Alt] + [Print Screen] = Copy a screenshot of window to clipboard

To get more informations, see: "Table of keyboard shortcuts" (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
        Last edited by Frank; 21.10.2008, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
          How is it that the "Posts" quantity for xor shows as zero (0)?
          Same reason as why you were stuck at 193 and I was stuck at 238 I imagine.
          Last edited by Mij; 14.09.2008, 08:18 PM. Reason: The lights have changed to green again.

Comment

Mine is not stuck, as you'll see I am at a number greater than 193 right now.
            Nor is yours stuck, since I see yours at 239 right now.

However, by making just ONE post, as xor has, then the quantity ought to be at least at 1.

Comment

When I posted yours were all at 193 both in this thread and the one about "Right Mouse action" and mine were all 239.
              Having posted my new one showed 240. That is why I edited the post to use the past tense.
              Now you may notice that all your posts in these 2 threads say 194 and all mine say 240 (at least they do at the time of writing this -what will happen when I post this I do not yet know).

Comment

But Mij, yours is still 240 now.

Comment

Oh dear. I see what happens. When we make another post the new count number is updated on all the previous ones as well. Has it always done that?

The number does not increment immediately either. When you first post, the thread starter stays where it is on the forum menu. After a short time the thread moves to the head of the list, and it is then that your count increases. All too much for me at this time of night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                    Oh dear. I see what happens. When we make another post the new count number is updated on all the previous ones as well. Has it always done that?
                    Yes, which is good that it updates. It can be unfavorable though, if the information like your IV version, was pertinent to your post at the time.

The number does not increment immediately either. When you first post, the thread starter stays where it is on the forum menu. After a short time the thread moves to the head of the list, and it is then that your count increases. All too much for me at this time of night.
                    You'll have to explain that again.

Comment

The message counter is a board-system variable, it gets its count from your total known to the board. Whatever number shows on one posting, is identical to all the others. And YES, it has always done that.

Other board-system variables are your avatar (the icon you may have set for yourself). Like mine is currently the face of "Chuckie" (the menacing animated puppet). But if I were to change it to Bozo the Clown, then ALL my postings, old and new, would show Bozo.

Another board system variable is the "signature line" where mine is currently:
                      "Warning: Drinking can cause memory loss, or memory loss."
                      And again all my postings, old and new, will identically show the same signature. I change my signature about once a month, so whenever I do change it, it will identically change everywhere. What will not change is my phrase here (and above):
                      "Warning: Drinking can cause memory loss, or memory loss."
                      since that is set into the posting and not a variable. When I change my signature, those two references INSIDE this message will not change.
                      (NOTE: I am sure there is a special "BB code" for inserting the signature, and perhaps other variables, INSIDE the posting. But, I have no interest to spend the time in finding out what that code may be. Please do not spend the time to tell me either. I have no interest.)

All this is done by the board-system software that spews out the HTML code for the page as you go to that page. It will pull out those variable settings at the time. Whatever the settings are become part of that markup as that page is created for you.

Comment

Thanks for explaining all that ChuckE. A useful lesson. Lesson 2 is to go to bed a bit earlier.
                        So we still do not know how XOR can have posted and still have a count of 0. Perhaps it was because Bhikkhu deleted one of his posts.

Comment

So we still do not know how XOR can have posted and still have a count of 0. Perhaps it was because Bhikkhu deleted one of his posts.
                          Most likely.

Comment

Screen capture Free PrintKey

I think this is what you want,

Comment

Originally posted by WHarropson View Post
                              I think this is what you want
                              I don't think so. Xor hasn't posted again since the initial post, and the initial request was for a new feature in IrfanView to make screen capture a bit easier to use, not another Screen Capture program.

Screen Capture in IrfanView is very limited, and could be a lot better, e.g. with a toolbar button to initiate capture by selecting with the mouse, but I prefer to use a fully featured Screen Capture program like FastStone Capture, which is loaded at Windows startup, and so is available whichever program I am using, not only if I am using IrfanView.

I therefore don't see any good reason for improving IrfanView in this area, unless perhaps it was made good enough to replace FastStone Capture as my system tray utility. Then it would need:

1. Capture rectangle or freehand area
                              2. Capture scrolling web pages
                              3. Customisable shortcuts
                              4. Screen magnifier tool
                              5. Minimize to system tray on close, etc.

The bottom line is that any development time is better spent improving other existing features of IrfanView, or making it more customisable.
                              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                              X