Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slide Show Program

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.10
    OS
    Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

okay,mp3 file first.Slideshow plays great with music background.Partial success.Now I attempt to save file as *.exe.Done.Now click on *.exe.Slideshow begins,jpg's start showing.No music[The JPG's play through to the end,with no music].Error message.The specified file cannot be played on the specified MCI device...The file is not corrupt,it plays fine inside of Irfanview,just not as an .exe..Just to be clear,If I open IView,go to File>Slideshow,the previous list is still there in the slideshow dialogue box.If I chose Play,the slideshow works fine including background music.But if I double-click the same list saved as an .exe,I get the error message.

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.10
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2
    CPU Cores

Default Slideshow Purchase

I downloaded ProShow Gold for the 15 day trial. It is a fully functional trial only placing a watermark over the slideshows created. I liked it better than any other slideshow program I have been able to try and purchased it.

I found it to be one of those programs you can use quickly without reading the documentation, but it has great depth when you read forums and tutorials. I have found a few minor issues, but no bugs. The only real downside with the program is image sorting. It does have a light table mode, but the images are too small for my old eyes. I use Irfanview to select images, and then move them to folders by where I want that image to appear in the show. Adding music/sound is simple. Almost 200 transitions. Titles are easy and can be as simple or complex as you wish. The layer function really adds a polished look to any show. Creates shows to exe, dvd, cvd, maybe to ten different formats. All I have used worked easily and well.

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

Nice forum:
    http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/

Thank you for everyone's help with this purchase,
    hootowls

Version
    IrfanView 4.44
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Hello Hootowls,
    Glad that you're satisfied with Proshow Gold. I hope you have great fun with this diashow program. Here's a little example of an exe-file (3Mb), created with the Gold version. And here is a PDF of Proshow Producer which you maybe not have seen. Greetings

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.10
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2
    CPU Cores

Default Thank you

Thank you for the links. I lucked into the documentation before I purchased and read most of it (please don't tell anyone!!). From your show, I can see your passion. Fun show!

I spent a couple of very happy hours making a transparent *.png image of a swain and using layers making it move across a lake. Turned out truly amazing. Won't take any time at all next time.

I am making my second show now and fighting hard not to use every bell and whistle and trying to remember the image/story is what is important. I am limited only by my imagination.

hootowls

Thread Information