Windows VISTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows VISTA

I'm about to get a new computer which will be with Windows System; I'm moving from Windows XP to the this new windows and my question is:
    DO IRFANVIEW work OK with the Windows Vista?
    Thank you for any info I can help.
    Antonio Oliveira

Yes, it is, just select "User's Application Data folder" setting for the INI file during the setup. If you already installed it, edit the file "c:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.ini" (the path may change if you decided to install it in some other place) replacing all its content with
    Code:
    [Others]
    INI_Folder=%appdata%\IrfanView
    Last edited by MItaly; 13.01.2009, 03:25 PM.
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

One more thing that is worth doing after you have edited the i_view32.ini file as MItaly describes is to check what other copies of that file you might have on your computer.
      Open IrfanView and press File> Search files...
      Enter i_view32.ini in the Filename pattern: box, and C:\ in the Search in: box. Then Start Search.
      Check in the results box for any copies with \VirtualStore\ in the path name. These need to be deleted as they may stop your new file from being used.
      The easiest way I find is to press Show all in Thumbnails. In Thumbnails hover the cursor over the filename to see the full path then right click and select delete for any that need to go.
      If you want to view what is in your INI file(s) you can double click the thumbnail to open it in the Browser. Press Ctrl+H if it is too small to read.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you; I will attempe to do all that.

Comment

Working...
        X