Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Slideshow: EXIF Data dialogbox doesnt show

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Lightbulb Toggle Text in Slideshow

IrfanView allows you to toggle information on screen, like EXIF, using key N in slideshows and fullscreen. Of course, you'll have to go to Slideshow and put $Ex in the Show text box. However, some of the settings, like text color are controlled in Properties>Full screen.

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Pro SP3

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS_850 View Post
    It is extremely odd indeed ... I uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, you name it ... 4.00, 4.10 and 4.20: neither EXIF button would work anymore.
    Well, the best alternative is to use Version 3.99 (and plugin version 4.20 ) until further insight emerges. I am rather unhappy with this, but hey, it's working !
    Thanks all anyway

MikeS
    If your EXIF button does not seem to work it might simply be out of view. This happens to me sometimes with this dialog and others from other programs if the last position of the box is stored and I move my monitors around and change their positions in Windows' display settings so that the window is no longer in the viewport relative to position 0,0.

You can tell that the EXIF window really does show because the info window loses focus. At that point the EXIF window should have focus. Press and release Alt+Space, then M, then an arrow key, then move your mouse. Click to stop dragging the window around.

This works for most of the dialogs this happens to and to me this is much simpler than trying to remember where each program stores the window location, especially since rearanging monitors happens only once in a blue moon, at least for me.

Thread Information