This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matera View Post
    You are suggesting a "wizard" interface for desktop shortcut creation? I suppose that would make it easier for some people, though I prefer to teach them to do it themselves. There are also a lot of program launchers around that allow one to create menus of links with various parameters added. That keeps desktops less cluttered too.

IMHO the Microsoft products have every button but the buttons I want... LOL
    No need for a wizard, just some info in the help file on how to use various parameters in order to open things in Irfanview faster, view one click as opposed to several. Is this already possible? If so what are the parameters i need for copy shop and scan?

Comment

Cluttered desktop .. yegghh .. So called wizards .. yeggh ..

"C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /scan - is already one of the command line options of IrfanView.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

LOL there go some cookies - yes, I deplore the wizzerdz too, but for some people I expect it might be somehow less scary than editing a shortcut via its Properties - at least Windoze wouldn't yell at them for small typos if they could just click things in from a drop-down. But yes, one more step into user laziness and the kind of bad habits that Microsop loves. It really should not be necessary - it is certainly not hard to make a lot of shortcuts with different commands and names (and icons). Among my (off-desktop) collection I have a couple of special IrfanView shortcuts and a set of shortcuts for JKDefrag, one for each partition of my drives.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Can customize toolbar button

I hope this one.

this function I'd think many times.... day and day...

Maybe can customize toolbar's button ?

Comment

Custom Buttons

Hi.

I wish there was a way to add "custom buttons" to the symbol bar. Buttons that can be freely assigned to any command from the menu. I have some commands that I need very often and it would be great to have a button to press instead of going through the menu every time.

edit: oops....someone's moved this to an already existing thread....thanks

Throw skins out and make the toolbar customizable instead
            Last edited by Luigi; 01.02.2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Hi,
              Like Luigi, there are some functions that I need very often. At least we should have shortcuts for all the functions.
              For the toolbar, we could have several placeholders where each user can put it's favorite function.
              -- Alwin

Comment

Copy To / Move To Toolbar Buttons

Hello, i'm a veteran Irfan View user and really appreciate it. So congratulations.

I get new pics daily which i try to keep organized next to the load i already have at home. So i use the move/copy to option very often. I would really appreciate it in the toolbar, even though i'm an eager keyboard user.

Any more new buttons suggested here would probably be welcome.

Thank you Irfan.

Comment

Although I never used this move/copy option, I can imagine other circumstances, so I support this request.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Move Button on Toolbar

As always, thanks for the effort and free program and all respects that go with this effort.

I've been "trying" Irfan view since Russia was communist. The ONE reason I don't use it--but I would like to--is that there is and never was a MOVE button on the tool bar, and the move dialog box is VERY cumbersome and clunky.

I emailed the author several times over the past 10 years suggesting that he take a look at ACDSee 2.1 or Classic, and see how they implemented the MOVE function. It goes like this:

1. Click move.
                    2. A dialog comes up where you choose a path.
                    3. You choose move.
                    The paths are stores on top of each other in text lines. Unless you choose a different path, it remains the same.

So you have only two clicks when you want to move a file to the same folder you used previously:
                    1. Move
                    2. OK. (When the dialog opens).

Nice, fast, and clean.

I think he now has a disclaimer that HIS program is unique from AcDsee and others, which to me is incorrect. The move function is INFERIOR to that of the old ACDSee programs. I think the reason he does not admit this is because he cannot figure out how to do it.

Others feel this way also because I've seen the same request posted multiple times.

Please do not take this personally. If you could simply make the move process more streamlined, I would use irFanview ALL the time. I just MOVE lots of files singly and I need a fast MOVE type system, such as that with ACDSee Classic.

Thanks.

Comment

More Toolbar Buttons

I would like to see a button on the toolbar that could override Display options, fit only big images to window for example, and zoom the photo to its original size.

In full screen would it be possible to optionally have a toolbar come up, with navigation options and possibly start a slideshow of the current directory? I'm thinking something similar to Windows Media Player or Vista's built-in image viewer. Perhaps the toolbar could be transparent or when it appears the image could be "shrank" to make room for it, maintaining the aspect ratio. Could it disappear after a set amount of time and reappear with movement of the mouse? I think a few of you see where I'm going. So there's no confusion, I do know how to navigate in full screen using the mouse, scroll wheel, keyboard etc. Speaking of, I'd personally like the scroll wheel to zoom. Yeah, yeah, I'm opinionated.

Comment

What do you find wrong with the current keyboard hotkeys that already do all this?

Comment

I don't find anything wrong with them other than, as stated above, I'd rather use my scroll wheel for zooming. I think the full screen toolbar would provide a familiar tool to those new to Irfanview. Personally I'd like the toolbar and a one-click slideshow of the current directory would be a new feature.

As for the original size button, I hope that I'm being abundantly clear. I'd like it to work just for the current image so when you move to the next or previous image IV would revert to whatever its "Display option" is set to.

Comment

I can agree with the desire for a temporary override, it would be nice. Of course I want mine with a key command, not a button
                            Its: Belongs to "It"
                            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                            ---------------------
                            Lose: Fail to keep
                            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

hehe. The toolbar in the UI is already customizable and I think the keyboard shortcut would be a nice touch too. I see someone else is opinionated also!
                              Last edited by Steven W; 28.09.2008, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven W View Post
                                I don't find anything wrong with them other than, as stated above, I'd rather use my scroll wheel for zooming. I think the full screen toolbar would provide a familiar tool to those new to Irfanview. Personally I'd like the toolbar and a one-click slideshow of the current directory would be a new feature.
                                You say you are aware of all the controls, but do you know that you can use CTRL+Mouse Wheel for zooming and CTRL+W to start a slideshow with the current directory files. You can also use SHIFT+A to Start/Stop automatic viewing. Do you really need corresponding mouse controls for all of this.

As for the original size button, I hope that I'm being abundantly clear. I'd like it to work just for the current image so when you move to the next or previous image IV would revert to whatever its "Display option" is set to.
                                What is wrong with CTRL+H?

Comment

Working...
                                X