Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete (Clear Display) icon in the Toolbar?

Hello,

Can you please add an option to have an icon for Delete (Clear Display) in the Toolbar?

I really would like a shortcut on the Toolbar for Delete (Clear Display)
    Thanks

Comment

Was just thinking about that

I second your request. I don't use it too often, but it would be great if we had 'Crop' button on the toolbar.

Right now I make a selection, click on 'Cut', click out of selection and then 'Paste' button. It does what crop function would do with two additional clicks.

Anyways...thanks for the great app!

Comment

Re-visiting More toolbar buttons

Now that touchscreens are getting more common, maybe we can revisit having more toolbar buttons or customizable buttons. Like others in stated in the past, buttons for things like "Aquire", "Rotate" or "Auto-Adjust Color" could really be handy with touchscreens...where navigating menus or using on-screen keyboards is cumbersome.

Comment

User-defined Toolbar Buttons

I use IrfanView to look through new photos fresh from my camera.

Generally I delete the horrible photos, ignore the boring photos, and crop or reduce the best photos.

It would be great if I could create a button on the toolbar that would take the currently viewed photo and apply a set of steps such as those that I use in the batch processing section. Generally I want to resize/resample the photo to 800x600 and rename it and then put it in an output folder.

Is this possible? Would this be a difficult request? Thanks.

Comment

There have been numerous previous requests for customised Toolbars and Menus but it has never happened, so I presume that that part of your request probably is difficult.
            There are however quite a few useful hotkeys and what some of them do, such as passing file names to external editors, can be customised and used to do what you want.

A bit of explanation first.
            External editors do not have to be .exe files, they can be any sort of executable. The current file name can be passed to a script or batch file or to a shortcut link for example. In the first attached image below, external editor 3 has been set to a shortcut on the desktop named IVx3. Since you can only browse to .exe files in the Options dialog, the location and name must be typed or pasted into the dialog box by hand, which is why I find it convenient to use a desktop shortcut that can more easily be edited to point to whatever executable I want to use currently. The second image below shows the properties of IVx3 which as you can see in this case points to a batch file I wrote called Autobatch.cmd
            The result of all that is that I can press Shift+3 at any time in Irfanview and the name of the current image file is immediately sent to my batch file and the batch file is executed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	External editor setup.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	80739 Click image for larger version

Name:	Shortcut setup.png
Views:	1
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	80740

The batch file is just a single command line, as below, that opens a new instance of Irfanview to run the Batch conversion/Rename process on the current image file using the current Advanced Batch settings. It is then resaved in the original folder with _AB attached to the file name.

Code:
            "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" %1 /advancedbatch /convert=%~dpn1_AB%~x1
            See here for information to understand how the modifiers work in a batch file if you do not already know. Alternatively you could put the saved file in a subfolder or in a fixed Output folder.
            All sorts of things are possible using methods like this. It is well worth learning how.

Comment

More Toolbar Commands/Icons

I'd like an ability to add more commands to the toolbar. It's so limited right now.

Thanks!

Comment

toolbar buttons needed for vertical horizontal fitting the image in window

How can I fit currently displayed image vertically or horizontally in the irfanview window?

If such a feature is not there, I think toolbar buttons should be provided for vertical horizontal fitting the image in window.

See any pdf reader that has single click option to fit the image vertically or horizontally in the window.

Thanks.
                --
                Rawat

Comment

Originally posted by vsrawat View Post
                  How can I fit currently displayed image vertically or horizontally in the irfanview window?
                  The options are on the View, Display options menu.
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Add more options to toolbar, specifically the Acquire/Batch scanning

I find I use Irfanview often for my scanning needs and would love to be able to add a button to the toolbar for it.

Tried the options for the toolbar but no such option.

Hmmm, just realized I always install the full plugins package, is the Acquire/Batch scanning option under the File menu one of those, hence no way to add to the toolbar?

Thanks for a FANTASTIC program!

Rich

Comment

That's not the reason. More likely because it would require a fundamental change in the GUI, which is currently designed to use an image for the Toolbars, which is fixed at 19 buttons and 1 field. I hide most of the buttons so that the window works well with small images, but large buttons.
                      Attached Files
                      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ah, thanks. Guess I'll just have to learn the CTRL+SHIFT+A...

Comment

User customise toolbarbuttons

Is it possible to drag a menu item to the toolbar? I am looking for "Negative" and "Grayscale" settings to be activated from the toolbar.
                          Irfanview 4.54, Win 10 Pro 64bit 16gb RAM, Intel UHD graphics

Comment

Crop button

A 'Crop selection' button on the toolbar would add to my productivity no end - please can we have one?
                            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.08.2014, 05:45 AM. Reason: corrected typo

Comment

I will second that request, and not just because of my username. It would save me a lot of mouse clicks.

Comment

Ctrl Y is the shortcut for cropping. Shift C if you want to create a custom crop.

Comment

Working...
                                X