Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact sheet and image background

Hi,
    Could anyone help with this problem? I need create contact sheet from icons but all pictures in generated file have a black background. I want white background only.

You can see it in result.zip:
    • ivThumb.png show what I see in thumbnails windows
    • ivContact.png show result from contact sheet

I enclose some source files to make test (export.zip).
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Mila
    Attached Files

Properties, Viewing, Main Window Colour. Change it to White.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It does not help. Irfanview show icons well. I have the problem in the generated contact sheet files.
      Try it with files from export.zip
      Mila
      Last edited by Mila; 07.10.2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

To get transparency you need to save as a file — PNG with transparency.

You can do it directly or add the transparency after creating the contact sheet in IrfanView window.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It doesn't matter what the settings are, the background color that is set as transparent is shown opaque in the contact sheet. I don't think there is any way to overcome it. I tested it with PNG and GIF images with different transparent colors, the actual colors showed. It doesn't make any difference to change whether thransparency is shown in the viewer, or the viewer background. It is akin to the inability to paste transparent. Making the contact sheet transparent won't help if some of the images have different transparency colors...
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Workaround

This is indeed a problem, and there are few ways to overcome it. There are a couple of solutions I would imagine, but I will give you the most workable one.

Hopefully all your images are the same size 32x32, but if not, you can adjust.
            1. Change your main window color to white
            2. Change your thumbnail options to 50x50 and uncheck Resample, Paint thumbnail borders, and Stretch small images to thumbnail size.
            3. Make sure your JPG settings are high quality by choosing 100 and Disable color subsampling (easiest way is to go through the batch conversion dialog).
            4. Select your images and choose File>Save selected thumbs as single images.
            5. Now select your new JPG files and start the batch conversion dialog. Type in a rename pattern to crop the _t. Output as PNG and select Advanced and choose CROP with the settings:

• X-pos: 9
            • Y-pos: 9
            • Width: 32
            • Height: 32
            • Start corner: Left top

Now you should have images that will be more compatible with the contact sheet!

[ATTACH]890[/ATTACH]

Alternatively, if it isn't that much trouble you could just take the result sheet with the black backgrounds and touch them up with the Paint dialog. But of course that isn't very automated.
            Last edited by Skippybox; 08.10.2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X