DICOM cannot play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DICOM cannot play

Hi, new here so hello to everyone. Very impressed with Irfanview.

Maybe my answer is already somewhere but I am puzzled about why my dcm file opens as a still image. Cannot get it to play as a slideshow and when I open it via the "Start Multimedia" option all I get is windows media player with the windows mrdia logo and it saying it is a "0.0 second" length file.

I can open the file in a different "player", and it opens as a moving image, which it is! Sadly that player doesn't have the functionality I need. Irfanview does, if I could get the file to open properly.

Any ideas?

If you do have the DICOM plugin, then it's possible that IrfanView simply doesn't support moving images. Maybe someone else knows more. In Help it does say IrfanView can't recognize all such images, as they don't have specific headers.

Comment

The plugins-txt file :

* 7. DICOM.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read Dicom medical files.
      Thanks to Wolfgang Krug and Chris Rorden.
      Note: DICOM/ACR/IMA format hasn't a specific header and IrfanView
      can't recognize all such images. If you want to read Dicom/ACR/IMA
      images with IrfanView, the file extension MUST BE ".dcm", ".acr" or ".ima" !

So the DCM format is mentioned, but nothing being said about multiple images.
      These are complex medical files, and maybe this is just too high to grasp for IrfanView.
      So perhaps you should try a more specific app for this purpose, like eFilm Lite
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X