PNG with transparent background issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
    I can only save transparent PNGs when the source is a transparent GIF.
    This makes no sense. When you past an image from MS Paint into IrfanView from the clipboard it is just a bitmap. I have no difficulty in saving it as PNG with transparency.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

png transparency

I have this img:

just open it in irfan and save it again as PNG and i have this:

is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
      Has irfan a support for png alpha? I know there is the full transparency but i mean the partial transparency (as in the first img)?

Comment

No, it's all or nothing. You will have to use a more advanced editing program for alpha features. The GIMP, or for small pics IcoFX or Greenfish icon editor....
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by lwc View Post
          Please understand that I have no troubles at all turning the same images into transparent GIFs.
          We are not talking about transparent GIF, but transparent PNG. If you have a problem saving a bitmap as a transparent PNG, then provide the sample image and recipe how you failed to produce a transparent PNG. As far as I know, it is always possible, so either you are doing something wrong, or there is some bug that needs to be identified.

When saving a 24-bit PNG with single colour transparency from IrfanView, the user must pick the transparent colour during the save process.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have a problem to batch convert PNG files with transparency. When I open PNG file with transparency in IrfanView and save as PNG this works fine but when I make the same in batch convert PNG lose transparency. I need batch convert to rescale many PNG files with transparency.

Comment

screenshot of png save options for assigning alpha channel background color

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              When saving a 24-bit PNG with single colour transparency from IrfanView, the user must pick the transparent colour during the save process.
              Correct. When you go to save the PNG, make sure the "Save transparent color" option is checked, then it will save the file with whatever background color you picked instead of the transparent alpha channel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	png-alpha-channel-save.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	80758

Comment

Working...
              X