How do I uninstall the plugins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I uninstall the plugins?

I installed all the plugins, but now I've decided I don't want them.

Should I just delete everything from the plugins folder? Or did they leave some files in the registry etc.? (I use Windows XP.)

Incidentally, the reason I wanted the plugins was to edit the EXIF information, because my camera's time was set wrong. But this doesn't seem to be possible with Irfanview. I guess I should be able to find some other software to do this.

You can just delete anything you don't want, but you might want to keep some.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Nothing much to be gained by deleting them unless you're running IrfanView on a USB flash drive. Keep the paint.dll at least. See i_plugins.txt in the IrfanView folder for a list of the plugins and what they do.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by pat13 View Post
        Should I just delete everything from the plugins folder?
        Not necessarily. If you just want to undo installing the plugins, it is complicated by the fact that any plugins that were previously present will be mixed with the new ones. If you want the default plugins I would save:

• Ansi2Unicode.dll
        • Effects.dll
        • Icons.dll
        • Mpg.dll
        • Paint.dll
        • Slideshow
        • Video.dll

Comment

thanks

I deleted them all. I don't think I was using any of them before, so hopefully it will be OK. Anyway thanks to all of you.

Comment

OK, but IrfanView will be unable to play audio/video files now!

Comment

Originally posted by pat13 View Post
              I installed all the plugins, but now I've decided I don't want them.

Should I just delete everything from the plugins folder? Or did they leave some files in the registry etc.? (I use Windows XP.)

Incidentally, the reason I wanted the plugins was to edit the EXIF information, because my camera's time was set wrong. But this doesn't seem to be possible with Irfanview. I guess I should be able to find some other software to do this.
              I just want to mention that even if you delete the plugin file, Irfanview may still try to load files having the file extension the plugin used to handle. e.g. I removed the PDF dll file, but Irfanview was still trying to load PDF files. I thought this has something to do with the registry, but discovered it's actually a setting within Irfanview.

If you click on Options, Properties/Settings and then select Extensions, you will see that Irfanview has an option to load ONLY associated types while moving through the directory or load custom file types. If you've deleted dll files, you may want to select the option "Load only associated types while moving through directory". This worked for me.

It would be even better if Irfanview handled this error better by suggesting the extension that couldn't be handled be removed.

Comment

Working...
              X