viewing by date/time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

viewing by date/time

I did a search and cant find the exact thing I am looking for. I combine multiple images in one folder from different cameras where the time is synchronized. You know like in the war movies Then I load the pics and can sort them by time and the images appear mixed together and shots of the same event, like cutting a wedding cake, appear intermixed in logical order. If I try to look at the images with Irfanview the images appear in order of name only so that the shots from one camera all appear till done, then the shots from the other. I tried to say sort by date and nothing happened. I tried no sort and nothing. Within the folder I have them sorted by date and they show perfectly but Irfanview ignores the order in the folder. Am I out of luck??

Thanks

Andy

There are several sort order options in the Thumbnail view (Shortctu T).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you still have problems after trying the other sort options you might take a look at this thread, especially this post or try WildBit Viewer.
      Last edited by Skippybox; 18.10.2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Time/date is a confusing subject. The image Files have two Date attributes; Date Created and Date Modified. Often neither of these is the date you want. Date Created will be the date you downloaded it, i.e the date it was created on your computer. Date Modified will show the date you took the picture, unless you have modified or resaved the image since then.

If your camera has EXIF data then it contains the date you really want; Date Taken. If you display the folder in Thumbnails as Bhikkhu Pesala suggests, this is one of your sort options. Having sorted in thumbnails you can double click the first one and then Browse all the images in the correct order.
        Depending on your operating system and setup you may also have a Data Taken column displayed in your File Open dialog. If so you can use that for sorting. It seems to be a little different from the thumbnails sort order (for instance it puts files without any Date Taken information at the head of the list, while Thumbnails puts them last) but it may serve your purpose.

Comment

Working...
        X