Norton Anti-Virus 2009 Blocks IrfanView Screen Capture Hotkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norton Anti-Virus 2009 Blocks IrfanView Screen Capture Hotkey

Wanted to give everyone a heads up about this one.

Symptom:
    Can not set IrfanView Hotkey for screen capture (see attached).

Cause
    Norton AntiVirus 2009 (version 16.0.0.125, Symantec Corporation)

Solution
    Go back to Norton AntiVirus 2008 until they fix this.

Computers:
    This happened on two computers, both Windows XP (SP3)
    1. Dell Dimension 8200
    2. HP Pavilion a350e

This has not happened on any of my 3 Windows Vista Home Premium computers (SP1) with Norton 2009 installed.
    Attached Files

It is possible to set the Hot Key from the INI file. I'm not sure what the number corresponds to though — mine is Control F11:

HotKey=634
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Forgot to mention this was for IrfanView versions 4.20, and I did try reverting back to IrfanView 3.98, but it happened with that version too just the same.
      Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      It is possible to set the Hot Key from the INI file. I'm not sure what the number corresponds to though — mine is Control F11:

HotKey=634
      I did notice the i_view.ini file had the HotKey=<number> in it. (Thought maybe that file was corrupted, but no it looked fine.)

Comment

If changing the number in your INI-file will not work, in your case I'd just use the (Alt)-PrintScreen key to produce a screendump. Then start IrfanView and paste this using Ctrl»V. Or try FastStone Capture version 5.3 (free).

Comment

Try this screen capture program.

Comment

Problem may have been fixed as of Norton Anti-Virus 2009 version 16.1.0.33.

I never downgraded my friend's Windows XP back to Norton Anti-Virus 2008. Yesterday I was over there and tested it and problem did not show up anymore. His Norton had been updated to version 16.1.0.33.

Comment

This seems to be a bug with Norton Antivirus, not with IrfanView, so I have moved the thread.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X