Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resampling in full screen mode worse than in standard mode

Software version: 4.20

Description of problem: The resampling of images is not as good in full screen mode (hit enter), as it is in standard mode.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1) Chose "use resampling" both for normal mode and "full screen mode"
    2) Set the necessary settings so that images open in their original size both in normal mode and in full screen mode
    3) Open an image in normal mode.
    4) Click on the zoom out icon (or press "-") a few times and look at the results.
    5) Click on the zoom in icon (or press "+") a few times (more often than in 3 so that you exceed the original size) and look at the results.
    6) open the same image in full screen mode
    7) repeat steps 3 and 4 in full screen mode

Result: The resampling is worse (you can see pixel artefacts, the image is much less "smooth")

PS: Curiously if "fit to screen (large images only)" is chosen for the full screen mode, the resampling to fit the screen is done like in normal mode (with very good results I'd say subjectively), but subsequent pressing of + and - shows again to the abovementioned resampling problems.

Comment

This has been reported. Check out the Bugreport, Fullscreen "resample" option not working and the Feature Request, Resample While Zooming in Fullscreen Mode too.

Comment

sorry, hadn't found that. I read everything you posted up there and it was quite funny, because I think I would have literally put every sentence the way and at the same location you put it ... I would have said the exact same thing throughout the whole thread.
        Last edited by boarder's paradise; 24.10.2008, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boarder's paradise View Post
          sorry, hadn't found that.
          That is OK. It is one of the top ten Bugreports by views, though!
          I read everything you posted up there and it was quite funny, because I think I would have literally put every sentence the way and at the same location you put it ... I would have said the exact same thing throughout the whole thread.
          That is funny and nice to hear. That was my first issue I ever debated on the forum and it certainly had to be the hardest one to get someone to recognize my point! It is surprising how much it confuses people and yet how simple an issue it is. It's nice to know someone totally gets it. I bet it was entertaining reading all that for you.

Comment

It was very funny indeed. As I read further in the dialogue between you and the moderator I always felt like, geez, I have to jump in and comment and then I read further and your reply was exactly what I would have said (and the thread is very very long) ... I almost had the feeling as if I had written it myself some years ago and forgotten about it ...

Comment

Could I have a twin? LOL

Comment

So it seems ...

Comment

Working...
                X