Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I contact the author of IrfanView?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I contact the author of IrfanView?

In the web site it says

Commercial users: please contact me by E-Mail for prices and discounts. Note: If you want, you can buy the licenses using PayPal or credit card.

So I want to contact the author. Then I write e-mail to him and send to irfanview at gmx dot net, as the site said this is the author's e-mail account. However I received message from e-mail server that this e-mail address does not exist. So what is the correct e-mail address?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.11.2008, 08:48 AM. Reason: Disguised email address

You should not post an e-mail address!

There might be some reason that your message did not get through, or a delay in answering. How long ago did you send the e-mail? That is the correct address, but sometimes things get lost on their way from one place to another in the Internet
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have e-mail to him twice. Both got no reply and one of the e-mail bounce back and the server told me it could not find the e-mail account. So......... I don't understand. The 1st e-mail I sent on Oct 28. Then the 2nd e-mail I sent was on Nov 3. This is strange.

(By the way why that e-mail address shouldn't be posted here? It is posted on the web site already so it shouldn't be a protection of privacy. Is it because of spam protection? May be the site can avoid automatic programs to get the e-mail address but this forum does not have this function thus should post it here? Well I am not good at computer and web stuff so just curious )

Comment

There are different ways of displaying e-mail. On one's own website, one can use a script that makes the address available to human users to click on without allowing spam-harvester robots to pick it up. That is what I do on my site. I can not say whether or not Irfan does this, since I have not seen the underlying code of his site, but in his place I surely would! The address is certainly vulnerable when pasted into a forum post. It is not good Internet etiquette to post another person's address in any case. I would be quite angry if anyone posted mine, and would immediately report it to a moderator.

There could be some problem with your ISP being blocked somewhere because of reported spam activity by others -- many suffer because of the irresponsible acts of people who don't know or care that we exist. Sometimes there are just mysterious barriers that arise between one domain and another. I couldn't get to one of my favorite websites for over a month, and I never knew why. If you like, I could forward a message for you. The only condition is that you edit your post and remove the e-mail address. Deal?

materathemad - (at) - gmail - (dot) - com

-- or go to www.firefromthesky.org and click on me
        ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Cool! Thanks for your teaching! Actually I rarely post others' e-mail in public unless others' approve so. But.... I post MINE in forums quite often..... LOL

So you mean you can forward my message to Irfan? Thank you very much!

----------------------
          From: Loren [mailto:loren (at) amazing-toys (dot) com (dot) hk]
          Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:07 PM
          To: irfanview
          Subject: Want to buy 1 license for a computer in office

Hi Irfan Skiljan,

I have been using your software at home for many years. It is a nice software. Now I want to use it on my computer in office. Therefore I want to buy a license. So shall I just use credit card or what? Because in your web site it says

Commercial users: please contact me by E-Mail for prices and discounts. Note: If you want, you can buy the licenses using PayPal or credit card.

So I write this e-mail to you. Is that US$ 12.00 for a copy and use credit card to pay will be ok? And I will need to have a document (in electronic form is ok) as a record to prove that I have bought the license. Will I automatically receive it when I pay through credit card?

Best Regards,
          Loren
          --------------------------------

Thank you very much!

Comment

I wonder if the payment will go all right, since your e-mail doesn't -- but we will see. I can at least relay the messages.

I will have to have your e-mail address, in order to forward replies to you, so I don't want to start until then. Please send me a PM with your address (I promise never to post it anywhere - LOL)
            ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Yo! Finally get contact with him! And thanks for your help, Matera!

Comment

Say what?
                I didn't do anything yet, having a busy and tired week.
                ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Even if you didn't do anything, you still made it happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X