LightFactory plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Paparazzi & Sam

Thanks for the easy download service, Sam. Strangely I still can't load Afhbevel.8bf into the 'Adobe' 8BF Filter dialog (Ctrl+K). My confusion is even worse now. I've put both (very dated, 1996) plugins in my IV-Plugins folder, but no improvement at all. Photoshop installation folders always keeps their own plugin.dll. The same goes for Macromedia. I never have had a plugin.dll in my system/system32 folder and I've always thought plugin.dll was application-committed. I copied the Photoshop CS2-plugin.dll (from 2005) into the IV-Plugins folder, deleted Afhbevel.8bf, reinstalled plugins_400, removed my FFactory.ini files, but all that didn't help eighter. Am I the only IV-user who cannot load Filter Factory's Afhbevel.8bf by pressing Ctrl+K?

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
      Am I the only IV-user who cannot load Filter Factory's Afhbevel.8bf by pressing Ctrl+K?
      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but well, I guess you might be the only one :P

Works perfectly here for me ... XP Pro, IV 4.00 (mod) ... yeah moded for IP, those two files in System32 folder!

Comment

Moded for IP (4.1) here too, but without those two files in System32 folder, so they are not needed for IP. Are you aware of the difference between 'K' (FFactory) and 'Ctrl+K' (8bf)?

Comment

Maybe the file is corrupt.
          You can find the file that works fine for me here.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks for your sympathizing actions Sam. Your filter turns out the same as mine and it didn't work eighter. I reinstalled IV to an 'official' folder C:\Program Files, but that was no solution too. In the end I tested your filter on my laptop (also XP-SP2) with the same result: it is possible to load Afhbevel.8bf with Image\Effects\Filter Factory (K) but it is not possible to load Afhbevel.8bf into the dialog of Image\Effects\Adobe 8bf filters (Ctrl+K). If it is not asked too much, could you send me a screendump of the 'Ctrl+K' dialoog with the two standard FF filters loaded?

Comment

Hi,
              You can take a look at the screenshot at

hope I uploaded it the right way. Tried to PM you, but I dont see a PM button

Comment

Thank a lot! Now I'm convinced at last. My problem is not solved, but now I can go on searching the source. Nice Yamaha Papa! I play the PSR-3000 but that's off topic. Nice screendump too! Vista?

Comment

Hmm. Can't seem to have access to Paparazzi's screenshot :
                  "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

2 Sjef
                  two standard FF filters ? I thought this was about one : Afhbevel.
                  I must add that I don't use 'Image\Effects\' but 'Plugins\' instead.
                  So I have Afhbevel.8bf in the dir 'Plugins\Filter Factory 8BF'. It can be loaded with the 'K' dialog.
                  I tried to load it with the 'Ctrl+K' dialog as well from that directory. Was ok.
                  I copied the file to the subdir 'Plugins\Adobe 8BF', to see for any change. It could be opened as well.

This is coming more and more near to the fact that the Filter Factory 'K' shortcut becomes questionable..
                  Or needs an interior upgrade. If Ctrl+K covers the formats of K too, then some adjustments have to be made.

First of all the two commands should be exchanged in function.
                  Being 'K' the main command to call a dialog to choose any directory with some plugin, and 'Ctrl+K' being
                  a subchoice, for a specific group, like the Filter Factory ones.
                  Because the routine saves its own last visited dir, which can be handy.

So I removed the plugins\Filter Factory 8BF directory (I don't like spaces in a dirname anyway) and moved
                  all the Filter Factory files to plugin\FFactory, just as another plugin subdir.
                  All files with the standard 57344 filesize.
                  Last edited by Sam_Zen; 01.08.2007, 06:01 AM.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                    Hmm. Can't seem to have access to Paparazzi's screenshot :
                    "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
                    You know what??? Even I get that message :? Do those pictures put under "Manage Attachment" expire after a while?

Sjef, you know what? Maybe I could send you my ini file or maybe if required the entire IV folder and you could then try it out If you do, let me know! Again, since it seems that my previous attachment is no longer there, I could either mail it to you or I could maybe upload it into my google pages and give you a link to that!

The Yamaha thing ... yeaha PSR S-500 ... Was thinking of getting it for my son early next month as his birthday gift ... 3000 too expensive for me And no, not Vista just the wallpaper ... thanks to Visual Transformation Pack 7

Cheers!

Comment

Hi Sam,
                      The 'problem' was indeed Afhbevel.8bf, but there are two standard filters that comes with the IV-plugins. So I spoke of two filters because that's the standard situation. I keep trying. Now I installed IV without any plugin. Ctrl+K only needs the 8BF_Filters.dll to start. Than I tried to load the two standard FF plugins from another IV folder. And yes, only the damned 3Dmaker.8bf was loaded; not Afhbevel.8bf... It's beginning to drive me mad!

Hi Paparazzi,
                      Firstly, your attachment is still going strong. See my attachment (a copy of your screendump). Secondly, you tried to PM me, but it didn't work because of a missing PM button. I don't understand what you wrote about this button. On my Profile you can dubbleclick 'Send a private message to Sjef'. Before you can send the email you must first add me to your 'Buddy List'. There is only one shortage: there seems to be no option to add attachments. I would pretty much like to work from your IV installation folder, but don't know how this should be arranged using irfanview-online.com. I just have send you a PM with my email adress.

Nice little tool, that Transformation Pack. Took a look, but 32 MB is too much for my sloooow internet account (10Mbits). That would take a whole lot of coffee...
                      Attached Files

Comment

... only the damned 3Dmaker.8bf was loaded; not Afhbevel.8bf ..
                        This doesn't match with the attached picture.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Sam, that screenshot is mine and thats why you see the Afhbevel

Comment

Yep. You're right, I wasn't sharp enough.

The difference between '3Dmaker.8bf' and 'Afhbevel.8bf' : bytes.
                            3Dmaker the standard 57344 bytes, Afhbevel is 49152 bytes.
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

2 Sam ,
                              I've got 82 FF-plugins and indeed they're all 57344 bytes including 3DMaker. The only exception is Afhbevel. That could be important for the 'K' (only FF) dialog but not for the Ctrl+K dialog (general 8bf) who has trouble with Afhbevel (on MY system).

2 Paparazzi
                              Thanks a lot for your email with the url to your IrfanView. Now I've been able to compare my version with yours. I could see the Filter Factory plugin Afhbevel.8bf (and 3DMaker.8bf) were indeed loaded in the dialog of Ctrl+K, but both plugins didn't work (no error message, only an XP error sound). To apply the plugins to an image, I had to clean up the dialog and reload both plugins. You can guess the result: the same story again. Only 3DMaker could be loaded. I had the strong suspicion Photoshop caused the problem because Adobe 'Gamma' is loaded into the system at startup. Ruling out this process didn't correct the situation. The first thing I'll do as soon I've got the time is a restore of an old Ghost of my system-partition (only XP-SP2). Than I'll install IV with the plugins. If this works out well, than it's a software-case. If it doesn't, than it's caused by my system (hardware?). Thanks again both Paparazzi & Sam, I let you know.

Comment

Hi Paparazzi & Sam,
                                The story continues... I've restored a XP-SP2 Ghost with only Ghost installed. No other programs have entries in the Registry. I've installed IV-4 and the -4 plugins. And now all things fell in it's place: On the K dialog only FF filters could be loaded. I could not load any other (8bf) plugins here. And on the Ctrl+K dialog only other (8bf) plugins were to be loaded. No FF filter at all!

This doesn't take away my frustration, but now I know how IV handles the plugins on an allmost virginal XP-SP2 system. I find this behaviour the logic way and I think it is meant to be like this. Now I've restored my 'work-Ghost' again, the question stays: what's the cause of the strange plugin-behaviour when other programs are installed next to IV and what kind of programs could be responsible for this?
                                Any forum-visitor with an answer?

Comment

Working...
                                X