No announcement yet.

LightFactory plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you also could load Afhbevel.8bf now with the K dialog ?
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
      On the K dialog only FF filters could be loaded.
      ...so also Afhbevel.8bf could be loaded because it's a FF filter.

Comment

Not 100 %, because it's 49.152 bytes, not the standard 57.344. But obviously it can be read with 'K'.
        Still, running W2K, I have access to all FFactory plugins as well with 'Ctrl-K'.

I made a rather dreadful mistake.
        I talked about 'Filter Factory' all the time, but I confused it with 'Filter Formula' instead, which I used.
        FFormula produces FFactory compatible plugins though.

The main difference between FFactory compatible plugins and the others is the basic GUI.
        While Adobe ones uses a more sophisticated GUI, like this version made with Filtermeister
        This makes the file bigger than 57.344 bytes.
        Plus the fact, that here an 8bf can contain a multiple of different filters.

The odd thing is, that the 'K' dialog can determine a 'group', while 'Ctrl+K' can't.
        'Ctrl+K' just produces a list of all available plugins in the directory.
        As an example, load these plugins in some FFactory directory, and open with 'K'.

Now check the same directory with 'Ctrl+K'
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I know about the 'luxe' versions of some old plugins. Reg's plugins can work from K and Ctrl+K as well. I used to find the K-dialog a nice piece of work together with Filter Factory. But since the introduction of the Ctrl-K dialog, every 8bf plugin can be used (for instance those of Eye Candy), which is to be seen as an improvement, for Filter Factory has stopped producing any plugins. So one could conclude, the K-dialog has become a superfluity now. In the end, the use of 8bf-plugins isn't very skilful, because many Adobe 8bf plugins are to be applied at layers. What I aimed at earlier, two steering wheels in a car is too much. With the introduction of IP and the growing plugin-package, it's beginning to look like IV is slowly switching over from a viewer/converter to a photo-editing program.

Comment

As you say, the Ctrl+K command has become more the obvious one, because it covers them all.
            That's why I plead to exchange both dialogs, so Ctrl-K gets the detailed one.
            Exchanging both keyboard shortcuts is an option too of course.

I have never seen the adding of some effect plugins as a threat for the identity of Irfan View.
            But you're right, IP seems to be something else. Some people maybe want IV to be changed into IP in time, but I strongly would disagree with such a development.
            IP should stay a plugin, not integrated into IV. I want to keep the choice to load it or not.
            The ability to paint is not one of my priorities, so I follow the IP thread mainly from aside.
            As stated among the mods, the first priority is to enhance the elegance of existing IV functions.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I'd think Ctrl+K wouldn't cover them all, because of Ctrl+E. For instance, there you can make bevels too, same as with the FF-filter Afhbevel...
              Last edited by Sjef; 08.08.2007, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Well, Ctrl+E. Didn't took that into my consideration.. Another field to investigate.
                What's in the list of effects and what's not.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I have never bothered to learn any keyboard shortcuts (other than Ctrl + Alt + Delete) on PC's mostly due to serious brain fog/short term memory impairments from a severe sleep disorder.

All this dialogue about K versus Ctrl + K has me wondering if I am missing some features or if the shortcuts are simply a more convenient/efficient way for some to access filter menu?

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter B View Post
                    All this dialogue about K versus Ctrl + K has me wondering if I am missing some features or if the shortcuts are simply a more convenient/efficient way for some to access filter menu?
                    All features should be available without shortcuts by using the menus. Shortcuts are great time-savers for frequently used commands. I use Ctrl S constantly, and memorised a few others like Ctrl E (Effects), Ctrl Y (Crop to selection).

If you're not good at memorising shortcuts, learn to use Access keys. There are very few to remember, and they are pretty obvious, e.g. Alt + F = File menu, Alt + E = Edit menu, Alt + I = Image menu, etc.

Using the mouse for everything not on the Toolbars is slow and fatiguing. Keyboard access keys are often obvious if they are well designed. and are underlined on the menus, so Alt I, f will open the effects submenu, and another f will open the Filter Factory plugins dialogue.
                    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ctrl+E is a very usable shortcut if you want to edit a picture.

If you use IrfanView to view your own photographs, maybe you want to know what the adjustments were when you took the photo.

Therefor you only have to remember one key: the E key (Exif info). I use the E key a lot. Shift+E is another quick one, it could be use to start another program (for instance Photoshop) if you have assigned this item in Properties\Miscellaneous. You see, the E key is a powerful shortcut key in IrfanView.
                      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.06.2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Where is it documented that Shift + E opens an image in an external editor?

I have assigned DrawPlus X8 as my first external editor, and the shortcut for that is shown on the menu as Shift + 1.

If I press Shift E, I get this warning dialogue before DrawPlus X8 launches. This looks like a bug to me.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.06.2016, 09:19 PM.
                        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Don't know Bhikkhu. I've never seen this warning. I've assigned my first shortcut to Photoshop (and it's Shift»1 in my humble opinion, not Ctrl»1). When I change it to another appliciation (like SmoothDraw or Xara or even ReadIris) it works too with Shift»E without any warning (Windows 10 - 64bits). Even when those apps are already running.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
                            Don't know Bhikkhu. I've never seen this warning. I've assigned my first shortcut to Photoshop (and it's Shift»1 in my humble opinion, not Ctrl»1). When I change it to another application (like SmoothDraw or Xara or even ReadIris) it works too with Shift»E without any warning (Windows 10 - 64bits). Even when those apps are already running.
                            Yes, right, it is Shift+1, 2, 3, which shows how often I use this.

It just happens to conflict with Serif Applications, so it's not a bug that the warning is shown. The warning does not appear if I use the menu instead.

It is odd that the menu shows Shift+1 but that Shift+E also opens the first assigned editor. However, I guess that's just a legacy shortcut that was not removed to avoid annoying existing users.

Comment

Maybe your warning message has something to do with the Keyboard options in Configuration. I always deleted the Ctrl and Shift options for changing the keyboard layout (language). This issue can result in unpleasant behaviour in Photoshop (shortcuts). In Win10 this option has gone to Language, where one can add another keyboard layout, if needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X