Save for Web option does not function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save for Web option does not function

Can someone help me with advice. Save for web option does not function as some riot.dll plug in is missing.

Originally posted by n_udupa View Post
    Can someone help me with advice. Save for web option does not function as some riot.dll plug in is missing.
    You can download the latest RIOT IrfanView plugin from here:

or you can find it in the plugin collection.

Edit: That URL seems a no go
    Last edited by Leif; 24.11.2008, 01:17 PM. Reason: Oops
    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Hi,

from dir browsing:

steve

Comment

http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/download/

The latest stable version, 0.1.15 is the most error free, but 0.2 offers unicode. I recommend upgrading what you get from the original plugin pack, as that will only be 0.1.7.

RIOT comes in three choices, standalone program, IrfanView plugin extended, or Irfanview plugin lite.

Comment

I do not understand this also. Please help !

Dear Steve, I followed this link and it said, download which i did, and then on my computer it said to open application with one of my programs and i chose irfan view and it came up as the irfan view page with a set of very small blue sky scrapers in it. i dont thisnk that this worked, but am desperate to find a solution. please can you help? Best

Comment

Do not try to run the Riot plug in file directly, Gusolive. In the folder that contains the Irfanview program (i_view32.exe) you should have a subfolder named Plugins. Save Riot.dll and put it into that subfolder.

It is the Lite version of the Riot plugin that you will download from the Irfanview website. Should you follow the link that Skippybox gave you to the Riot website and choose to download the Extended version of the Irfanview plugin instead, then the Riot.dll file goes into the Plugins folder instead of the Lite version, but there is a second file called Freeimage.dll that is needed too and that file must go into the folder with i_view32.exe not into the Plugins subfolder.
            Last edited by Mij; 19.04.2010, 05:15 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

2 Gusolive :
              Keep in mind that (almost) only a file with the extension ".exe" can be run as a program.
              A plugin like a file ending with ".dll", is not a program, but an add-on for that program to get more functions.
              IrfanView is your toolbox, a plugin is an extra tool.
              To put it in the right spot of the toolbox, follow the instructions by Mij
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Alternatively, you could download ALL the Plug-ins and let them install automatically - this will cover the RIOT Plugin as well.

Make sure you download the IrfanView Plugins from any of the links mentioned in the IrfanView website!
                Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
                IrfanView Website - Here
                Sam_Zen's Website - Here
                Author's Website - Here

Comment

Skippybox is right

Originally posted by WellOiledPC View Post
                  Alternatively, you could download ALL the Plug-ins and let them install automatically - this will cover the RIOT Plugin as well.

Make sure you download the IrfanView Plugins from any of the links mentioned in the IrfanView website!
                  Skippybox wrote:

http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/download/
                  And indeed that's what I had to do, even though I downloaded all the plugins just after downloading the latest Irfanview (4.28). The version on the luci.criosweb.ro website must be newer: you download the zip file with the DLL version, and then you have to copy FreeImage.dll to the main C:\Program Files\IrfanView directory as well as copying Riot.dll to the C:\Program Files\IrfanView\Plugins directory.

Comment

The Riot plugin (v 0.3.3.2) that is bundled with the Irfanview plugins package is the Lite version that works without the extra Freeimage.dll file in the main directory. There is a known issue with this Lite version where you might get an "Acess violation ..." error message when trying to save large images. The extended version of the dll from the Riot website does not have this problem.
                    Unfortunately if you reinstall a new Irfanview plugins package to ensure that other plugins are compatible with a new program issue then you will find yourself back with the Lite version of Riot.
                    Last edited by Mij; 03.01.2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X