Problem playing FLV files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem playing FLV files

When trying to play some FLV files I get the following message (see attached image).

I tried to install the latest version of the Flash player (as indicated in the message), but that did not do the trick.

Maybe the flash.dll needs to be updated ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Walter
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Walter View Post
    Maybe the flash.dll needs to be updated ?
    Did you obtain the latest plugins for your version 4.2 or are you using ones from an old version?

Comment

Even when I rename a FLV file to SWF, IrfanView will play that file, while any other mediaplayer won't. That's because IrfanView haven't got his own codec files, but 'borrows' them from the system. When I was using XP-SP2, I had to install extra codecs (e.g. K-lite) to view FLV files. SWF files were played fine with Flash9 installed. Now I use XP-SP3 and installed the same Flash9 codec, but no extra (K-lite) codecs. Still IrfanView will play both formats, so this codecs will have been added to the system by Microsoft. That's why I'm surprised that Vista can't play your FLV file. Can't the MS MediaPlayer play your FLV file too? If so, install the Vista codecpack and your worries should be over.

Comment

Working...
      X