for /f "tokens=* delims=" %%a in (%install%%ini1%) do (

set write=%%a
    if "!write:~0,11!"=="OutputPath=" set write=OutputPath=%path%
    (echo !write!)>>%install%%ini2%
    )

del %install%%ini1%
    ren %install%%ini2% %ini1%

%install%i_view32.lnk %input%
    Basically, just drop a file on the script file (or use another method) and it will write the revised ini before loading your image in IrfanView for you. Go in to Batch and voilà, your output directory matches the input directory!

Obviously, test prior to implementation. I hope there are no other OutputPath's in the ini.
    Last edited by Skippybox; 11.12.2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Updated Script-Fixed errors

Multiple User boarder's paradise's Avatar
    Version
    IrfanView 4.20

That's a very clever idea. I am certainly going to test that out in the next days, this works for sure! You know, you could have just told me the idea and let me figure out the script as well You reaaaally make me have bad conscious now ... Thanks so much.

Version
    IrfanView 4.20

Shit ... I forgot this: I have my image file formats associated with IrfanView. I just hit enter or double click them and IV starts. I think it will be require some registry hacking to replace the file association for all image files with this batch script ...

Version
    IrfanView 4.20

BTW, just out of curiosity ... I looked to find Irfan's last post here and couldn't find a single one. Is that possible ? He is not in the alphabetical user list. But in the advanced search, if you search by user, "Irfan Skiljan" is auto-suggested if you enter the first letters, but no post is found. And I never saw him around here either. How can I find his postings ?

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by boarder's paradise View Post
    You know, you could have just told me the idea and let me figure out the script as well You reaaaally make me have bad conscious now ... Thanks so much.
    Well, I like the challenge. Perhaps, but you always had the chance to come up with it. Even after you got the core code to work. That was a hint. So sorry.

Shit ... I forgot this: I have my image file formats associated with IrfanView. I just hit enter or double click them and IV starts. I think it will be require some registry hacking to replace the file association for all image files with this batch script ...
    Yah, I didn't like making such an integration. You don't always need the functionality all the time. I figured you could alter your method to accommodate this. If you put the script in Send To, you can send any file using the shell menu. If that is too slow, you should get in the habit of dropping files on a shortcut that is always visible.

BTW, just out of curiosity ... I looked to find Irfan's last post here and couldn't find a single one. Is that possible ? He is not in the alphabetical user list. But in the advanced search, if you search by user, "Irfan Skiljan" is auto-suggested if you enter the first letters, but no post is found. And I never saw him around here either. How can I find his postings ?
    I didn't think he was a member. I don't recall him ever posting. Maybe it is an entry made by the administrator to facilitate the Project Tools. I really don't know how he does things. Basically, his presence is nonexistent on the forum.

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Looks like we need to change the code. Update.

Thread Information