Viewing EPS Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing EPS Files

I have just obtained some pics (EPS format).
    I cannot view them in Irfanview.
    On opening, it states..'Error...etc'
    Suggests installing 'AFPL Ghostscript plugin' which may help.

Anyone got any advice? maybe the files are corrupt?
    I do have Adobe Photoshop CS3, and CorelDraw X.

I'm still a bit new with all this techy stuff, plus, this is my first post.
    Sooo, thank you for any helpful advice
    Allen

CorelDraw should be able to import them, so you don't need to bother with getting IrfanView to view them. CorelDraw will also let you edit them.

This is what i_plugins.txt says:

* 45. POSTSCRIPT.DLL - This PlugIn allows IrfanView to read PS, EPS, PDF files.
    Note: AFPL Ghostscript is required:

Direct link:

So, as the error message says, you need to install GhostScript to view them in IrfanView. Even so, IV is a bitmap viewer, not a vector editing program, and EPS files are vector images (which may or many not contain a preview as a bitmap)
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

GhostScript works together with IrfanView as far as PDF is concerned. For EPS it's not a garantee. My Corel Xara and XaraX EPS files won't come on screen in IrfanView with GhostScript as a plugin. Even using GhostScript 'stand alone' won't show my Xara EPS files when they haven't got a build-in bitmap. IrfanView shows this bitmap with more quality though when GhostScript is installed (I installed it directly to IrfanView\Plugins\GhostScript).

My CorelDrawX3 files are beeing shown by IrfanView with GhostScript, even when saved without a bitmap-header. So GhostScript may add (some) advantage for you. But you have to consider there's also the option of saving an ICC profile to an EPS file and that there are three PostScript levels. All this extra data (including the header) may give trouble when trying to view this complicated format with an outside application.

Comment

Viewing EPS files

Thank you for the helpful advice, Bhikkhu & Sjef!
        I did try the 'Ghostscript' plugin, it did nothing to help.
        I have used CorelDraw....it's perfect, thanks again!
        Allen

Comment

open files in *.eps format

see also:
          - "problem reading pdf files?"

Comment

Working...
          X