Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a question belongs the slideshow: Maximum limit of allowed images in txt file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a question belongs the slideshow: Maximum limit of allowed images in txt file?

I have a question on what is the maximum limit of images files that can be stored in TXT file so that I can use the TXT file to load and play slideshow ?

Right now I have 103000 image names in the TXT file and when I load it ,the application hangs and CPU utilized is 50%?

Can you please let me know what is the maximum limit so that we can have good performance?

Thanks.
    Kavita

I have no idea what the limit is, but I suspect that the limitation is on the number of bytes in the text file rather than the number of lines.

If it includes a long folder name you could try moving things to C:\temp\
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Kavita Sharda View Post
      I have a question on what is the maximum limit of images files that can be stored in TXT file so that I can use the TXT file to load and play slideshow ?

Right now I have 103000 image names in the TXT file and when I load it ,the application hangs and CPU utilized is 50%?

Can you please let me know what is the maximum limit so that we can have good performance?

Thanks.
      Kavita
      OK, this has got to be some sort of joke. With 103,000 images, and figuring that the "slide show" with a fairly typical delay of 5 seconds per image, 103,000 images will take nearly 6 DAYS! to get through.

So, what sort of "good performance" were you expecting, anyway? How about doing some real work?
      I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
      Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavita Sharda View Post

Thanks.
        Kavita
        Hi,
        the maximum content of a slideshow is 32.736 elements. If you put more in the list IV will ignore the elements 32.737 and higher.
        Enjoy watching your pics!

Comment

Working...
        X