v4.20 Color corrections/Shift+G problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.20 Color corrections/Shift+G problem

Whenever I attempt to go to color corrections through the menu or through the shortcut of Shift+G, it freezes the program. I can do nothing else with it. I cannot even "X" out it. I have to do the three finger salute and "End task" even though it does not show up as not responding. It does not seem to affect other programs running at the same time, but it sure is a pain, and I miss the capability. My best guess is that the display update logic is failing to return. As a positive note, it is one of few programs that I have ever used, and I have used tens of thousands, that fails and freezes in this manner without causing a reboot, immediately or later.

I run 4.20 with current plugins on an XP SP2 system current on maintenance, and I do not and will not run SP3 until it is cleaned up, if ever. I have an ECS KA3 MVP(BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 01/18/2007) motherboard with an AMD64 X2 6000+ and 4 gig of DDR2 800 RAM. I have 5 HD's , two 500's, two 250's, and one 120, all 7200 RPM and all SATA II. I have dual monitors, a Soyo 24 running at 1776x1000 because it will not run stable at 1920x1200 and at 1920x1080 it overscans, and a ViewSonic 21.5" running at 1920x1080, powered by separate Creative3D ATI Radeon 1300 Pro 256 MB PCI-Express adapters with current Catalyst drivers. I am a power user of the highest order, but as you can see from my display adapters and processor, I am not a gamer. I can provide any other information that anyone may find useful.

No problem here. What/how are you viewing when you use it? Has this ever been a problem before or with previous versions. How does it run doing a bare-program check? Copy the i_view32.exe someplace else and run it, testing SHIFT+G.

Comment

enchange colors..problem

I have the same problem. On my new computer - vista, I installed Irfanview 4.20. The communication-screen doesn't appear. When I have to finish the program with the task manager it says the program is waiting for an answer.

Comment

... and I have the same problem, vista 64 bit, IV plugins, shiftG freezes IV.
        Very frustrating!

Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.12.2008, 08:30 AM. Reason: Removed shouting

Comment

No use making any demands here, or anywhere else for that matter.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X