No announcement yet.

Can't paste image from clipboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a similar issue with IV v3.99. My problem starts after several days of runtime on my laptop. On a fresh boot I can copy-paste or paste screen-shots to IV with no issues. After several days of running (and going into Standby and resuming) eventually it will quit working and give me the "can't paste image from clipboard !" error. I can still paste into Paint or Word. I just found this thread and tried upgrading to v4.27, but I get the same error. I run a lot of different software and I suspect it's a low resources issue from one or more of the programs not cleaning up after themselves. Closing several or nearly all programs doesn't help, once it's broke, it's broken until I reboot.

I'd love to see this problem fixed.

Thanks,
    -Brad

Comment

I think my problem was AVG

I had been using AVG Pro for several years, but was recently less impressed with it. I also had found that the updates would occasionally cripple my laptop (low resources, I believe) until I rebooted. I recently removed AVG Pro and switched to MSE. I haven't had this problem with IV since. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers,
      -Brad

Comment

It's back, but looks like it may be an issue with alt-PrScr. At first, IV responded with the "Can't paste..." message. I cleared the clipboard, and then it responded with "Not a file". Copying a web page with a multicolored chart and pasting into Word 2010 resulted in an all-black image. Task Manager shows about 1.5GB free. I'm going to try rebooting to see what that might do.

Windows 7 Home Premium, IV 4.38

Update: Rebooting solved the problem. I generally never reboot, so bit-rot eventually rears its ugly head.
        Last edited by Mikey; 26.07.2014, 11:37 AM. Reason: Added update.

Comment

Working...
        X