upload to imageshack from irfanview window without saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload to imageshack from irfanview window without saving

Is there any plugin for IrfanView that upload pictures to imageshack, tinypic or sth like that. I mean I have picture opened in irfanview and i don't have to save it then open internet browser and upload but upload from imageshack window without saving it.

This has come up before. If an image is not saved on disk, then it cannot be uploaded. If it is in memory, then it is still a huge bitmap. Do you want to upload an uncompressed bitmap? Save it as PNG or JPG first, then upload it.

You can upload saved files from the Thumbnail Browser, File menu, Transfer selected files by FTP.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, that is right. But it could be plugin that I can save image for ex. in jpg by irfanview but choose imageshack instead place on diskspace. It could be saved it Temp folder and than automatically sent to imageshack. The biggest problem is than, when i save it on diskspace, i've got to find it on broswer window on imageshack website, what takes much time. Most of people save sth on desktop and than upload it but it makes mess on desktop and is not too fast.

Comment

Try FastStone Capture. That does pretty much what you want. I grabbed a screenshot of your post with FastStone, and selected the option to upload it to my server space. Then I close FastStone Capture, and it sits in the System Tray until I need to use it again.

Test

However, you're still stuck with one fixed default format — in my case 24-bit PNG, which is rather wasteful for a B&W screenshot, and quite unsuitable if I had grabbed a Photograph.

Unfortunately, one format does not suit all images when it comes to image compression. You really do need to save the file to disk and then upload it.

I prefer to do it in IrfanView. It is not difficult. Grab the image from wherever, and Open it in IrfanView, save it to disk in a suitable format, open the thumbnail view (it is already selected), then upload it via FTP. Close the thumbnail view with Escape and IrfanView too if you wish.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.12.2008, 10:55 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

upload it via FTP?

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Try FastStone Capture.

I prefer to do it in IrfanView. It is not difficult. Grab the image from wherever, and Open it in IrfanView, save it to disk in a suitable format, open the thumbnail view (it is already selected), then upload it via FTP. Close the thumbnail view with Escape and IrfanView too if you wish.
          Might you suggest a method for uploading to imageshack via FTP? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by nabilalk View Post
            Might you suggest a method for uploading to imageshack via FTP? Thanks.
            Try their Screenshot Tool

But why use such services at all? If you have an ISP you should have your own server space. If not, maybe you should change your ISP.

Comment

irfanview to imageshack

I have the same wish but I found a fairly hassle-free method of uploading to imageshack via irfranview using a firefox addon intermediary.

Here are my steps:

1. open up preferences--> miscellaneous --> external editor, make it firefox.
              2. using firefox, download the rehost addon from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9221
              3. configure the addon to use imageshack in the addon options

Now to upload images
              1. open image which opens in irfanview by default
              2. shift-E to open the image in firefox
              3. right click and choose the rehost option

Now it will be added to your imageshack account and the link will be on your clipboard for posting purposes.

If there's a better solution let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                that is not freeware

But why use such services at all?
                longevity

If you have an ISP you should have your own server space.
                no thanks. I would rather not have all my online personas traceable.

in my case 24-bit PNG
                24bit PNG is ideal. No one should be using the interweb with dialup -- that's an abomination of technology

I prefer to do it in IrfanView. It is not difficult.
                I would prefer that too.. but I have not deciphered from this post how to upload to imageshack from within IV. The plugin could save the 24bit PNG to the OS/kernal temp directory (to meet the must be saved requirement), then upload it via HTTP post (the method seemingly used by imageshack.us itself and the ImageBot firefox extension)

Originally posted by spiltt View Post
                I have the same wish but I found a fairly hassle-free method of uploading to imageshack via irfranview using a firefox addon intermediary.
                That is circuitous

is there no potential for an IV plugin to handle this? Image, temp directory, post to imageshack.us (or other popular free image host) ?

purity matters

Comment

or if you know of any other image viewers that have this plugin availability let me know via this thread.

instead of the rehost addon i use imagebot now and it helps quite a bit. its no substitute for a plugin that would make it fast. I'll look up some viewers to see if there's any functionality like this available. maybe a 3rd party has created onE?

Comment

XnView has an ImageShack add-on that let's you upload an image (can even be on clipboard!) annonymously straight to the web. It even has a shell extension.

There are dedicated programs for this sort of thing, with far more features than an IrfanView plugin would likely have. You could still integrate with IV, but you have more flexibility by using a program that can work globally on your system. They can either upload saved images or unsaved ones, plus certain ones can even save them locally for you. Some are:

Clupper
                    UniUpload
                    ZScreen

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                      XnView has an ImageShack add-on that let's you upload an image (can even be on clipboard!) annonymously straight to the web. It even has a shell extension.

There are dedicated programs for this sort of thing, with far more features than an IrfanView plugin would likely have. You could still integrate with IV, but you have more flexibility by using a program that can work globally on your system. They can either upload saved images or unsaved ones, plus certain ones can even save them locally for you. Some are:

Clupper
                      UniUpload
                      ZScreen

wow thanks for the suggestions. not sure why I haven't come across them before.

Edit: Here are some observations to the programs and why I won't be using them, and may return to irfanview.

xnview: this program seemed to do the job with an additional plugin. however the plugin would be flakey and stall my computer at times. however, it would upload the image, and open the link in my web browswer. It works so far and I'm content. However, it doesn't upload to my imageshack account which is where I want the picture stored.

clupper: is great for uploading your clipboard, but again not to a specific account. my idea is to open up an image, view it an image viewer and then if I want to upload it, click once and it will upload to my imageshack account.

uniuploader: works as a shell extension so its fairly easy to use. but again, doesn't send the picture to my account, rather just sends it anonymously. same problem with xnview.

more to be reviewed soon. i'm installing zscreen, but I have to install microsoft net framework 3.5 and its taking a while. The install of 3.5 .Net framework crashes often so I lost patience. It held promise though as it would upload directly to to a particular account.

so as of now I will probably reinstall irfanview, drag and drop a picture of interest into firefox, use imagebot to upload it to my imageshack account. but I'm hopeful that there might be a program/addon like imagebot for a regular image viewer. *crosses fingers*
                      Last edited by spiltt; 12.10.2009, 09:45 PM.

Comment

UniUpload can upload to your account, but it works with IE. XnView is annonymous, but the others do provide FTP access. Unfortunately, FTP access for ImageShack isn't free.

Comment

Working...
                        X