Disable scrollbars option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Disable scrollbars option

I would like to be able to disable the scrollbars when viewing a picture. Since you can just drag the picture with the mouse, the scrollbars are pretty useless. Basically I would like to be left with a window with just the caption, no statusbar, no nothing

Except when using very large images [10,000x8,000pixels], using the "hand" is a pain.
    Whereas, running the scrollbar is quicker.
    But, as you say, given the option is nice.

Comment

Why not use fullscreen mode?

Comment

I'm running at 1920x1200, so I could, BUT I need to see other windows for data.

Comment

So, you could use ALT+Tab to switch between?

Comment

Originally posted by bruuno117 View Post
            I would like to be able to disable the scrollbars when viewing a picture. Since you can just drag the picture with the mouse, the scrollbars are pretty useless. Basically I would like to be left with a window with just the caption, no statusbar, no nothing
            +1

I would love this too, it's one of two small issues that are keeping me from using the program more. I realise other people would like it to remain the as is, but maybe an option to turn it off if one so desires is possible?

We could alt+tab but then it becomes a bit finicky, I for one am used to using Picaview which does not show scroll bars. But it is incredibly old and outdated and requires a bunch of mucking just to get it to work in modern Windows.

Please, please, please, please...

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherUser View Post
              +1

I would love this too, it's one of two small issues that are keeping me from using the program more. I realise other people would like it to remain the as is, but maybe an option to turn it off if one so desires is possible?

We could alt+tab but then it becomes a bit finicky, I for one am used to using Picaview which does not show scroll bars. But it is incredibly old and outdated and requires a bunch of mucking just to get it to work in modern Windows.

Please, please, please, please...
              Well, with larger screens becoming available, it does appear a waste, when you have so much bare background around an image, in full-screen mode. Maybe this should be taken up, if the programming overheads aren't significant...
              Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
              IrfanView Website - Here
              Sam_Zen's Website - Here
              Author's Website - Here

Comment

Originally posted by bruuno117 View Post
                I would not agree that the scrollbars are useless. I still look at them even when dragging the image with the mouse. How else do you know what part of the image you are looking at?

There are already shortcut keys to remove the caption, menu, tool and status bars (Alt+Shift+C,M,T,S), or you can launch Irfanview without some or all of the bars using a command line option. So I would imagine that adding another Alt+Shift+something shortcut to remove the scrollbars too would not be a big deal. Is that what you had in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                  So I would imagine that adding another Alt+Shift+something shortcut to remove the scrollbars too would not be a big deal. Is that what you had in mind?
                  +1

Yes, an option, with or without a shortcut key. I've just installed irfanview after 10 years or something, this is the first thing I'm missing.
                  www.onursafak.com

Comment

I wanted to point out to you the way in which Irfan has chosen in the past to implement those options for removing and replacing parts of the window such as menu and tool bars. Not everyone finds it quite what they want. I would recommend that you try it out.

I thought it could be that what you really want is a "Window mode" option for Full screen view, just like the option that you now have for a slideshow. That would allow you to display information text on the image too. It could be quite important when you have no Caption bar to tell you what you are looking at.

Comment

It sounds like MaxView 2.1 might just be what you're after.

Comment

Working...
                      X