Inserting Text - Clear Text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inserting Text - Clear Text?

I want to insert text into my photos but want the text to appear transparent, ie watermarked. I've only seen a scale with various colors which still tends to still block out the image.
    Are we able to select a more transparent text insertion? I'm not referring to background which I've already checked the box for transparency but the text itself.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

Julia

Use IrfanPaint's text tool which allows transparency.

Comment

see this sample:

PhotoFiltre is freeware and a very good image editor with some auxiliary effects!

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
        Use IrfanPaint's text tool which allows transparency.
        Thanks Skippybox.
        As far as I can tell it doesn't allow you to do what I was trying to do. I went to the Edit, clicked on Show Paint dialog and a small tool bar comes up but nothing which allows me to type in my text into a specified area of a photo, making the text transparent so that you can still see the picture but the text is not a solid color.
        Am I looking at the wrong place????

Julia

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          see this sample:

PhotoFiltre is freeware and a very good image editor with some auxiliary effects!
          Thanks Frank. I'll check it out.

Julia

Comment

The Paint text tool may or may not be what you desire. The fill of the text will be completely transparent, but the border will be solid. If you are looking for partial transparency this tool will not be good.

Once you have the Paint toolbar shown, click on the ? mark for context help. Hover over the A symbol. This is the text tool. Click on the tool and move to the image. Click where you want the text to begin and its baseline. The text dialog will appear where you can adjust the text attributes. Choose: Render as "Empty path". Click on the settings button in the upper right corner. Choose your foreground options, color, etc. Finally, add the text.

Comment

The Paint text tool may or may not be what you desire. The fill of the text will be completely transparent, but the border will be solid. If you are looking for partial transparency this tool will not be good.

Once you have the Paint toolbar shown, click on the ? mark for context help. Hover over the A symbol. This is the text tool. Click on the tool and move to the image. Click where you want the text to begin and its baseline. The text dialog will appear where you can adjust the text attributes. Choose: Render as "Empty path". Click on the settings button in the upper right corner. Choose your foreground options, color, etc. Finally, add the text.
              I think I know what's wrong. I don't have the latest version of the IrfanPaint. I went out to the link on the "I" (information icon) and see that my tool bar is not like the one shown. I had no "A" on my tool bar and alot of the other tools are not there either.Also the "?" does not work on my tool bar.
              Is the http://www.mitalia.net/irfanpaint a secure/virus free website to download from?

Thanks for the help.

Julia

Comment

I just downloaded the latest version of Irfan View and the Paint Tool box is now showing all the tools (I think).

Thanks for the help.

Julia

Comment

Glad to hear you have the right IrfanPaint toolbox! Was the transparent text what you needed?

Comment

Glad to hear you have the right IrfanPaint toolbox! Was the transparent text what you needed?
                    I've been working with it and haven't found the right color to use. The letters are partially transparent but the outline of the letters is too bold yet. Been working on seeing how to make the letter outline more muted or opaque.

Julia

Comment

Well, if you can't find the right options for what you need, then it might not be the tool to use. For advanced editing, you need a photoediting program that supports transparency, layering, etc. IrfanView is really just a viewer with some extras.

Comment

You might try FastStone Image Viewer to add transparent text or watermark images. Can even be done in batch. You might enjoy all the other features as well!

Comment

You might try FastStone Image Viewer to add transparent text or watermark images. Can even be done in batch. You might enjoy all the other features as well!
                          THANK YOU!!
                          Just what I was looking for. Once I figured out the opacity adjustment it lightened the lettering so the text is more opaque on the photo and the background is transparent.

Now I'm going to try to figure out how to create a template so all I have to do is insert into the photos using the watermark button instead of typing in the name each time. They showed an example that FS saved in the files what looks to be a png file and it pops up in mspaint.

Thanks again. Too bad Irfan View doesn't add the same features.

Julia

Comment

Glad to see you found what you were after.

Comment

Working...
                            X