Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inserting Text - Clear Text?

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2

Default Inserting Text - Clear Text?

I want to insert text into my photos but want the text to appear transparent, ie watermarked. I've only seen a scale with various colors which still tends to still block out the image.
    Are we able to select a more transparent text insertion? I'm not referring to background which I've already checked the box for transparency but the text itself.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

Julia

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Use IrfanPaint's text tool which allows transparency.

Version
    IrfanView 4.38
    OS
    64-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

see this sample:

PhotoFiltre is freeware and a very good image editor with some auxiliary effects!

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2

Quote Originally Posted by Skippybox View Post
    Use IrfanPaint's text tool which allows transparency.
    Thanks Skippybox.
    As far as I can tell it doesn't allow you to do what I was trying to do. I went to the Edit, clicked on Show Paint dialog and a small tool bar comes up but nothing which allows me to type in my text into a specified area of a photo, making the text transparent so that you can still see the picture but the text is not a solid color.
    Am I looking at the wrong place????

Julia

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    see this sample:

PhotoFiltre is freeware and a very good image editor with some auxiliary effects!
    Thanks Frank. I'll check it out.

Julia

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

The Paint text tool may or may not be what you desire. The fill of the text will be completely transparent, but the border will be solid. If you are looking for partial transparency this tool will not be good.

Once you have the Paint toolbar shown, click on the ? mark for context help. Hover over the A symbol. This is the text tool. Click on the tool and move to the image. Click where you want the text to begin and its baseline. The text dialog will appear where you can adjust the text attributes. Choose: Render as "Empty path". Click on the settings button in the upper right corner. Choose your foreground options, color, etc. Finally, add the text.

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2

The Paint text tool may or may not be what you desire. The fill of the text will be completely transparent, but the border will be solid. If you are looking for partial transparency this tool will not be good.

Once you have the Paint toolbar shown, click on the ? mark for context help. Hover over the A symbol. This is the text tool. Click on the tool and move to the image. Click where you want the text to begin and its baseline. The text dialog will appear where you can adjust the text attributes. Choose: Render as "Empty path". Click on the settings button in the upper right corner. Choose your foreground options, color, etc. Finally, add the text.
    I think I know what's wrong. I don't have the latest version of the IrfanPaint. I went out to the link on the "I" (information icon) and see that my tool bar is not like the one shown. I had no "A" on my tool bar and alot of the other tools are not there either.Also the "?" does not work on my tool bar.
    Is the http://www.mitalia.net/irfanpaint a secure/virus free website to download from?

Thanks for the help.

Julia

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2

I just downloaded the latest version of Irfan View and the Paint Tool box is now showing all the tools (I think).

Thanks for the help.

Julia

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Home SP2
    CPU Cores

Glad to hear you have the right IrfanPaint toolbox! Was the transparent text what you needed?

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.23
    OS
    Win XP Pro SP2

Glad to hear you have the right IrfanPaint toolbox! Was the transparent text what you needed?
    I've been working with it and haven't found the right color to use. The letters are partially transparent but the outline of the letters is too bold yet. Been working on seeing how to make the letter outline more muted or opaque.

Julia

Thread Information