Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't solve this problem [word -.doc]

Hello to all,
    Use Irfanview for all my image/eps/pdf files.

Now i've a problem. Thousand word (.doc) files to convert in .pdf (or .jpg)
    and i can't find a way to automate this task...

Anyone can suggest me if i can use Irfanview in this, or can suggest
    good way to convert these files ?

thank you for your time,

m.

There are many free PDF printer drivers that you can download.

Cute PDF is one of the best.

It is a printer driver. Open the document in Word, and print it to the PDF driver.

Or, just open the document in OpenOffice, which can publish PDF files without the aid of CutePDF.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you do choose a PDF printer, then you can select all your files, and choose the printer from SendTo in the context menu (right-click menu).

Comment

thank you for reply,
        nut problem is not solved.

I need batch (command line) script. IrfanView can be used from
        command line and is very powerfull, better than imagemagick in
        some cases.

Your solutions are ok, but need thousand mouse click to end (literally)
        in my case.

Anyone has never manage document to image batch conversion ?

thank you,

m.

Comment

Originally posted by myspacee View Post
          Thousand word (.doc) files to convert in .pdf (or .jpg) and i can't find a way to automate this task...
          What a difference spelling can make. I thought you meant "Thousand word *.doc files" not "a thousand Word *.doc files."
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

yes i mean microsoft office Word files...

m.

Comment

Originally posted by myspacee View Post
              nut problem is not solved.

I need batch (command line) script. IrfanView can be used from
              command line and is very powerfull, better than imagemagick in
              some cases.

Your solutions are ok, but need thousand mouse click to end (literally)
              in my case.

Anyone has never manage document to image batch conversion ?
              What was wrong with the solution?

IrfanView can't open Word files, so you'll have to convert them first to something else, like PDF. The PDF printer is perfect for that. All you need to do is find your .doc files, select them all, and use the SendTo command to print them. That is very easy. You don't need to click a thousand dialogs either. While .doc files must open to print them, most PDF printers have an autosave function, that will save the PDFs to a folder with a name pattern. So, no actual user intervention is necessary.

However, while there won't be much effort on your part, I'm sure making 1000 PDFs will take awhile. Additionally, there are PDF printers that can convert to other formats as well, like JPG. And for free.

Comment

Worthless suggestion

If, for some reason, Skippybox's solution does not work, you can always get AutoHotKey and write a short script to use the menus of the programs to do the job. It would only take you a week or so to learn the scripting language.....

Comment

Four suggestions.

1. At http://www.robvanderwoude.com/comman...tches.php#Word is an explanation of how to print a Word document from the command line. If you're using Word 2003 or earlier, you'd have to install one of the many "print to PDF" programs (I use the free Bullzip). Now you have a command line converter ("printing" a file PDF).

2. If you're using Word 2007, you can save a file as a PDF. So you could used the approach in suggestion 1 but with a macro that saves the document as PDF instead of printing.

3. At http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.shtml is an explanation of how to use Open Office and a macro to convert DOC to PDF.

4. You could also write a Word macro handles everything within Word. That's what I'd do, but I'm very familiar with VBA. Suggestions 1 and 2 require less VBA knowledge.

None of the above is difficult ... but hardly "drag and drop. Also, they don't deal with any prompts that the PDF printer puts up. For example, Bullzip pops up a dialog asking for the output file path. If you can't find a PDF printer that runs "silently", you'll have to use something like AutoIt or AutoHotKey to handle the PDF dialogs.

Comment

You just need some pdf converter software.

Recommend you Nemo PDF Converter which can help you convert .pdf files to .doc easily with text, layouts, tables and images preserved accurately. And it also supports batch conversion so you can convert masses of doc files at a time.

Comment

This software:

Also includes a kind of batch conversion from different file types directly to pdf.

And why is imagemagick not working for you?

Stefan

Comment

I have been using PDF995 for years as a pdf printer driver... quite happy with it :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X