Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview does not work in vista

Hello
    I use irfanview on my xp machine all the time, no problem.

However, after installing it on my new vista laptop I cannot get it to launch.

I have tried with plugins and without, with placing the INI in the program directory and in APPDATA.

All attempts fail, the program simply does not launch. It does not reside in taskmanager after being launched, nor does it even give any indication of launching. Opening the exe does NOTHING!

I have performed research on this topic, but what I have uncovered seems contrary to reality. There are claims that Irfanview is Vista compatible, and that the latest version has fixed the problems... this is not true in my case, irfanview fails to launch.

Have you tried to redownload and reinstall it? Maybe the exe got corrupted during the download...
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I assure you it does work in Vista NyaR. I use it all the time on both a laptop and a desk machine.
      To test your i_view32.exe file just drag it from C:\Program files\Irfanview onto the desktop. Double click it there and see if it opens and works there. If it does, then after you close it you should see a file named i_view32.ini on your desktop too. No need to re-install Irfanview after this. Just drag i_view32.exe back to the folder it came from.
      If Irfanview will not work, even on the desktop, then as MItaly says, you probably have a corrupt version of the file and need to download it again.

Comment

ah ok

dragging it and running from desktop, then moving it back has fixed the problem

thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X