X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions

Hi,
    I have two simple questions
    1) How can I get to this forum from the official website??? You are maybe asking now how did I get here? I used google since I knew this forum is here, but there is no link on official website. Is it really true or am I blind?

2) Is there any option how to tell irfanview to stop touching non image files? Consider this situation: I have a folder, 10 images inthere then 5 pdfs some movies and a lot of other mess. When I open an image in this folder using irfanview and then i am scrolling thrue these images, Irfanview always gives me some stupid error message about plugins when it founds some movies or other files. I dont want those plugins because I really dont want to play movies in irfanview (if someone here has a good reason to do it so, please write it here, cause I am really curious aout it).
    So is there any way how to tell Irfanview to stop touching non image files?

Thanks for replies

Originally posted by xxsawer View Post
    I used google since I knew this forum is here, but there is no link on official website. Is it really true or am I blind?
    The link to this forum is at the bottom of the links on the left of the Home Page of IrfanView.
    Is there any option how to tell irfanview to stop touching non image files?
    Yes. Properties, Extensions, Load only associated file types when browsing, or load custom file types.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you

1) This is strange...there was no such link yesterday The page was cut under the "FAQ" link (or maybe I was blind at 7 AM, but I remember I was looking for that link already earlier... Next time I better make some screenshot )

2) Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted

Comment

Websites

Ok I know what the problem was regarding the first question...
        Here is the screenshot

I am using FF 2.0.0.2 and probably the height is counted wrong for these browsers.
        See that there is really no link to this forum
        It is because of tabs, it is even more covered when the search tab is opened.
        Maybe the author of those websites should have a look at it

Comment

I am using FF 2.0.0.2 and probably the height is counted wrong for these browsers.
          Well I use Firefox too and there is plenty of space for the forum link.
          Attached Files

Comment

I can make the forum link disappear off of the bottom of the page at 1024x768 by zooming in to 120%. Then, you need to scroll the left frame with the mouse (there is no scroll bar) to see the link.

The site is probably designed for 1024x768 @ 100%, which is reasonable as most users are now using that resolution or higher.

I really don't think the site needs redesigning — it looks much better without the scroll bar.
            Attached Files
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes...thats because you have different screen resolution...
              I am using 1024 x 768, you have higher resolution, try to lower it or extend some panels in FF...

I just had a look at the source code. The page consists of three frames and scrollbars are explicitly disabled (because they would make the page really ugly). The point is that when using frames, scrolling can be enabled only in each frame not for whole page...
              Here is the sourcecode:
              Code:
              <frameset cols="*,773,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0"> 
              <frame name="leftout" src="http://domainunion.de/mirrors/blank.html" scrolling="NO" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
              <frame name="mainFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="index_inside.htm" >
              <frame name="rightout" src="http://domainunion.de/mirrors/blank.html" scrolling="NO" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
              </frameset>
              If author wants to fix this I suggest to use table for positioning

Comment

To Bhikkhu Pesala
                I am using 100% zoom in 1024x768...
                I bet it was earlier intended for this resolution (probably for IE) but author didnt counted that there are things like bookmarks etc.
                Have a look at your browser...you have no bookmarks below your webaddress. When you add some it will make the link dissappear as well

It could be either solved moving the link little bit up or using table or something else for positioning...This can not be done in frames...

Comment

Yes...thats because you have different screen resolution...
                  I am using 1024 x 768, you have higher resolution, try to lower it or extend some panels in FF...
                  I did lower my resolution to 1024x768 to test it — even with my personal bar showing, the forum link still fits at 100% zoom without scrolling, and I am using a skin with 32 pixel icons, which I chose for 1280x1024 resolution display.

There is no reason to redesign the page — you need to rearrange your browser not to waste so much space on toolbars.

Comment

I dont argue with you
                    I am just telling you that you have no menu and no bookmarks. Having these two things causes that Forum link will dissappear in 1024 x 768. I have default FF skin.

Comment

If author wants to fix this I suggest to use table for positioning
                      Or, even better, DIVs. BTW, a simple CMS would do the trick: 5 minutes for the installation, 1 hour for theming and customizing, 30 minutes to add the contents - done.
                      IrfanPaint developer
                      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I agree, this is a poor design. While I can see the Forum link in my FireFox configuration on 1024x768, it does disappear with extra toolbars in place. With no visual reminder, this is a ridiculous flaw for those who are not aware of the page's design. I can't see how someone would zoom the page to look for information they don't even know is there. Additionally, the limitation on scrolling leaves only the keyboard for movement and one must put focus on a particular frame. A website should always conform to the user, not the other way around.

Page Info would list the links in Firefox though.

Comment

Not only the IV homepage, but the IV interface too would gain greatly by a thorough professional remake. Just consider the much ridiculed Options menu! And personally, I experience the whole of IV's menu structure as anything but transparent, logical or intuitive.

Which is all the more regrettable in an otherwise great program as IV is.
                          Last edited by J.A.G.; 03.02.2009, 06:11 AM.
                          J.A.G.

Comment

Working...
                          X