Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"move" command line grayed out, icons, editing image

hi --

i did a search to see if anyone else had asked this Q and i couldn't find anything, but i am a newbie to this forum, so i apologize if i've missed a Q and/or answer already posted.

(1) under the various categories, and i can't remember the relevant one (maybe "file" or "image"?), the "move" line is grayed out. how do i ungray it?

(2) i want to use the image in the irfan box as the icon for one of my shortcuts instead of the one already there. how do i do this?

(3) i have a small picture in an image, but i can't seem to figure out a way to edit the image so that only the small picture is the image. how do i do this?

thanks in advance to everyone. if i should have submitted this as three separate Qs (each one as a new thread), please tell me and i'll do it right next time or resubmit if i can (or you can divide up my Qs into separate threads if that is appropriate)!
    -- susie margaret

dell optiplex 330
    windows XP pro, SP 3
    IE, v. 7.0.5730.13

1. If the Move (F7) item on the File menu is greyed out, you are either viewing the contents of the clipboard (which is not a file yet), or the file is on a CD, or it is read-only for some other reason. If Copy file (F8) is also greyed out, then it must be the first reason — you are viewing the contents of the windows clipboard after using Edit, paste (Control V) in IrfanView, or after scanning an image.

2. File menu, Save as…, Save as type, ICO windows icon. Then, edit the shortcut properties to change the icon, and browse to select the new icon file.

3. Select the picture that is part of the current image by dragging around it with the mouse. Then crop it with the Control Y shortcut, or choose Crop Selection from the Edit menu.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

thank you very much!

hi, bhikkhu pesala --

thank you so much for responding to my plea for help. i will look at my irfan stuff and try your suggestions.

i appreciate your taking the time to help.
      -- susie margaret

dell optiplex 330
      windows XP pro, SP 3
      IE, v. 7.0.5730.13

Comment

Working...
      X