No announcement yet.

Deselection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I forgot that was what Irfan did with these "fixes". No version control or anything.

Yes, the Ctrl+A change works OK in that variant.
    Last edited by Mij; 30.06.2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

FWIW, A workaround

FWIW, switching to full screen and back clears the selection. Tested in 4.23 but probably works in earlier versions. Two taps on the return key so fairly efficient ... but not as good as Irfan's code change.

Comment

That's a pretty good tip. The only thing I see bad about it, is that it will change your view when you come back. That's why CTRL+A works well.

Comment

Ctrl+A works fine. Also deselects smaller selections.

Nice way to get this 'stuff' file as an update, without changing version.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
            Nice way to get this 'stuff' file as an update, without changing version.
            Yes, nice to get the "stuff" but it would be nicer still to have some way of identifying it other than just a date with no cross reference. Even if just the About dialog called it v4.25.3 or something like that. Clearly a number of us now have these post release variants installed and it will inevitably lead to questions of the type "If your v4.25 does this, then why doesn't mine?"

Comment

Well I'm glad you like the enhanced feature, but Mij brings up a good point. We are going to forget what 4.25 really does, and that will cause confusion at some point. This is why I probably won't post these updates anymore, like Irfan advises. Although these fixes and features will be available in the next version, that can be awhile away. That's why I thought people might enjoy the updates, and I'm sure you do, but that isn't always ideal.

BTW, even the file date is of little use much of the time, since it doesn't change. You have to simply keep track of each update yourself in some way. Anyway, Irfan will update the link regardless, so if you want it...

Comment

hm. Identifying the actual version could be a problem indeed.
                The same problem happens often with a new released version of IV plus the pluginpack, where, later on, there are new plugin updates.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                X