X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New forum design?

Hi,

i´m very proud that we can use the vbulletin forum engine, because the features are absolutly amazing

You might have noticed the forum runs with almost the original forum style shipped with vbulletin.

So i just want to know, if i should change the forum style(modern look)?

Please vote!

Greetings,

steve
    Yes!!!
    44.44%
    Hm, no....
    55.56%

Hello steve,

What are the features? What would it look like? Hard to decide if you don't know what you're deciding on...

Comment

Hi,

i meant the features of the forum software

New style: Maybe a new design (colors: more red) which is more closer to IrfanView (cat-buttons and so on).

But if you all like this forum style i won´t change it I just want to ask you, what you think about a re- design

steve

Comment

Change for change's sake is pointless. It takes time and effort to get used to a new layout. A change of colour is not a problem, unless it becomes harder to read, which is quite likely. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I wouldn't mind extra features, but I see no reason to change the style or color. I am pretty use to it.

Comment

I like the current theme, anyhow I'm open to changes if they don't take too much time to you; anyway I think that a sample of the new theme could be useful for us to express an opinion about it.
            P.S.: no cat buttons, please; that icon, even without considering the subject, is visually horrible, just the new alpha-blended version is a little better, but I still don't like it too much.
            IrfanPaint developer
            The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
            IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
              So i just want to know, if i should change the forum style(modern look)?
              Steve, I think that some changes must be made.
              But those changes must not be huge so it will be easy to upgrade from on version of VB to another.
              "А стукачков мы не любим!"

Comment

Animated drawings? Dissolving screens? Messages like "Loading... loading... loading..."? Fucked programs like Flash Player? Upsetting of the layout? A very bright background that transfixes the eyes? Illegible text because of the use of light blue characters on a white background? Updating of Internet Explorer and Java needed? Plugins to install? A volley of cookies? More clicks to get the same results? Music? Crappy special effects?

NO, THANKS!

Comment

In my experience, fancying up a forum always results in great difficulty for viewers with vision problems.
                  Its: Belongs to "It"
                  It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                  ---------------------
                  Lose: Fail to keep
                  Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                  Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

OK

New here so please excuse me bringing up old threads.

I assume this is the new or current version.

I can deal with it.

Thanks for being here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109890283948725443096

All Picture processing is/was done with Irfanview
                    "No job is too hard for the person who does not have to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X