Help with resizing images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with resizing images

Afraid, I'm so stupid to get a normal resizing of the images like in previous versions. Please help! Maybe someone knows secret chekbox or something else in options?

For example: Initial zoom is 32% (opening large image, View option is "Fit only big images to window"). Old version makes next zoom factors: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100%. This allows to view full or part of the image with acceptable ratio between its size and quality.
    New version(s) produce next values:
    With option Relative step (zoom step is always 10%): 32, 35, 39, 43 ,47, 52,...,92, 101.
    With option Absolute step: 32, 42, 52,..., 92, 102
    With option Fixed Values next strange values: 32, 33, 38, 43, 50, 57,..., 87, 100.
    Only the last option allows zoom values 50 and 100% with minimum artefacts, another options does not.
    Maybe I just didn't find some options in the settings?
    Thank you.

Still the function Ctrl+H is there to get the original size back.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

You are not stupid Deema. Zoom has changed in the newer versions from the original style of fixed steps. The old style was eliminated and three new ones were created.

Fixed values is usually the one you want if you were used to the old style. It uses a table of the most common values (although they are a little funny). With this style you can achieve 100%.

The other options are for other purposes, but you can use Absolute step to get close to what the old style was. Like Sam_Zen said, View->Original size (CTRL+H) is 100%. So, if you have Absolute step selected with a 10% step, you can start at 100% and zoom in/out with fixed steps (e.g. 100, 90, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120). You can press F5 to fit the image again. Don't forget, you can use CTRL+Mouse wheel to zoom.

You can also change the view. If you press SHIFT+O, you will transfer to "Fit window to image (1:1)". There is also "Do not fit anything", which will not change the window but present all images at 100%. If you work in "Fit only big images to desktop" (SHIFT+F) and press SHIFT+F it will toggle to "Fit window to image (1:1)". You can toggle back by pressing SHIFT+F again.

Comment

Thank you friends.
        Windows makes possible to forget about keyboard and hotkeys
        I will use Fixed Values. And, maybe, one day, I will have understood this starnge series. As well as Fourier series that was a bit intricated.

Five minutes later: Oh! I've found an Edit button in my post! So, a little bugreport:
        During resizing an image (when the both scrollbars are appeared), resizing IV window forces zoomout image to its initial size (if option "Fit only big images to window" is set).
        Last edited by Deema; 26.02.2009, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deema View Post
          So, a little bugreport:
          During resizing an image (when the both scrollbars are appeared), resizing IV window forces zoomout image to its initial size (if option "Fit only big images to window" is set).
          I don't see this as a bug because it is doing exactly as it says, fitting to the window. As you resize the window it should try and conform to it. If you don't like that, then you should use a different display option.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
            I don't see this as a bug because it is doing exactly as it says, fitting to the window. As you resize the window it should try and conform to it. If you don't like that, then you should use a different display option.
            I thought that was a startup option.

Comment

Not sure what you mean. You can startup in any mode you want that is saved in the INI. The mode you were in when you closed IV should remain when you restart it. You can change the mode at any time. Did you mean something else?
              Last edited by Skippybox; 27.02.2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X