Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Page Tiff to Multiple Page JPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Page Tiff to Multiple Page JPG?

Hi,
    Just wondering if it's possible to do the above in a batch (command line) job?
    Thanks,
    Randy

What is a multipage JPG image?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I've got multiple pages within one tiff file (contract.tiff) and would like to convert it to a jpg file (contract.jpg). Currently when I convert it, it's only converting the last page of the tiff file to a jpg.

Comment

Try, View, Multipage Images, Extract all pages.

From i_options.text in the Install folder:

Command line example for /extract:
        i_view32.exe c:\multipage.tif /extract=(c:\temp,jpg)

There is no such thing as a multipage JPG, unless you mean a multipage TIF using JPG compression. The above methods will both extract all images as multiple JPG images.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.03.2009, 06:00 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry, please excuse my ignorance with this topic...

It would probably help if I explain what I'm doing; We have multipage tiff files that are using too much space, I'm not sure what to do with with them... Any ideas/direction would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, Randy.

Comment

Try using an archive utility. 7-Zip is one of the best. If that doesn't help, then the images are probably already using JPG compression. You can check the compression used by opening the file in IrfanView and looking at View, Multipage images, Edit, Compression. If none is used, you would get a worthwhile space saving by archiving them.

Given the relative costs of hard drives and the basic minimum wage, buying a huge new hard drive is sure to be the cheapest solution.

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by rlvardo View Post
                Sorry, please excuse my ignorance with this topic...

It would probably help if I explain what I'm doing; We have multipage tiff files that are using too much space, I'm not sure what to do with with them... Any ideas/direction would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, Randy.
                You may save the multipage tiffs as multipage PDFs. One of the compression options for PDF is jpeg. In this way you can keep the images together in one file with the advantage of a high compression rate.

Comment

Originally posted by impdf View Post
                  You may save the multipage tiffs as multipage PDFs. One of the compression options for PDF is jpeg. In this way you can keep the images together in one file with the advantage of a high compression rate.
                  or it may want to use DjVu format for even better compression of images, also with multipage support, using Any2DjVu server. Please read the topic on their forum about multipage TIFF -> DjVu
                  Imi este indiferent ce cred ceilalti despre mine, caci oricum fiecare crede ce-i convine lui si nu ceea ce e real,
                  doar ca mi-ar fi placut sa ma vada asa cum sint de fapt, nu asa cum poate le-ar placea lor sa creada. Ei au ales deja...

··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷··
                  ·· · ·M· · ·I· · ·D· · ·I· · ·· ·· ·M· · ·A· · ·N· · ·I· · ·A· · ·C· · ·S· · ··
                  ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷·· ·· · · · ·· ··÷¦÷··

Comment

Working...
                  X