True EMF support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True EMF support?

I find that the enhanced windows metafile support is not true vector graphics. Or, am I doing something wrong?

I would LOVE to work with vector graphics. I have a software package that saves .emf files, but they are large and need to be cropped. I can crop them in micro$oft paint, but it changes the background color.

Any advice for me (not a newbie to Irfanview, I've been using it for so many years I can't remember)?
    Pete

IrfanView is a bitmap viewer, not a vector drawing package. EMF vector support is never likely to be implemented. Try Inkscape if you want freeware.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

But may be there's plugin available ?
      i really like irfanview but in ability to view emf correctly is no good for my job

Comment

Don't you understand the difference between a bitmap viewer and a vector graphics program? It is never likely to change. At best a plugin could change the resolution of the bitmap that is created when opening WMF or EMF files.

Use a vector graphics program, then you can edit EMF files properly.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Use a vector graphics program, then you can edit EMF files properly.
          i don't want to edit. in case of irfan i only want viewer.
          At best a plugin could change the resolution of the bitmap that is created when opening WMF or EMF files.
          can be a fix btw....

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            At best a plugin could change the resolution of the bitmap that is created when opening WMF or EMF files.
            Could you show a location of a resolution setting when opening EMF/WMF file please?
            --
            AK

Comment

Originally posted by AKazak View Post
              Could you show a location of a resolution setting when opening EMF/WMF file please?
              There isn't one. Someone might be able to write a plugin to do that, as one can do currently for PDF files, but such a plugin does not exist.

Comment

Working...
              X